Finance payed by a new dealer ?? help please guys I'm confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finance payed by a new dealer ?? help please guys I'm confused

I have a ds3 that's is 7 months in to the finance what I would like to no is if I can go to another dealer and they pay off the finance and then buy the car and I choose a new car and start a new finance deal with any thing out standing put on to the new finance?

Can someone explained this to me in laymen's terms Or correct me please

Many thanks si

As I understand it, the finance is done through Citroen Finance and the dealer is just the person that organises it all.

You should be able to go to any dealer and assuming the car is worth the amount you still have left on the finance, trade it in and get a new car.

I'm not an expert though so could be wrong.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Our finance is with Santander think there is 7 k left to pay :-( the car has to be worth more than that surely

Comment

Originally posted by Sigorman85 View Post
        Our finance is with Santander think there is 7 k left to pay :-( the car has to be worth more than that surely
        My suggestion would be to phone Santander, find out how much is left to pay, then go to the dealer and see how much they would give you for the car if you part exchanged it.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

What you fancy next for your next motor then Sigorman?
          sigpic
          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Looking at a BMW 320d or the 320ise need a 5dr car really as baby is due in December and sadly the ds3 just doesn't have enough space in the back or the boot would like to keep the price below 11500 but will have to wait and see about the finance

Comment

And it's starting to sound like a diesel in mornings when it's cold :-s only got 18500 on the clock

Comment

The vti's aren't known for much trouble (Engine wise)

Edit- dunno what I'd do if mine started sounding like a diesel in the morning LOL (Being a petrol head)
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 23-09-2013, 20:30.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

It's been fine just doesn't like cold starts and power is a bit poor but other than that it's all good shame really but needs must

Comment

Familys need 4 doors (5). Us who have moved the kids out, and are getting a middle aged spread, need 2 (3) BIG doors LOL
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

:-( il have my mid life crisis in 22 years

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                        My suggestion would be to phone Santander, find out how much is left to pay, then go to the dealer and see how much they would give you for the car if you part exchanged it.
                        ^ This is what I'd do too - good luck with the car search Si
                        sigpic

Comment

Phoned Santander today and the final settlement was a less than I thought so hAppy with that . I found a bmw and was going to look at it on Thursday but i had a call at 5 to say its sold :-( so the search goes on but happy that BMW will pay of the finace just wait to see what ludacris price the will say for the ds3

What do you guys think they will offer
                          Car is 1.6 vti special edition on 11 plate the car is immaculate 2nd service due in Oct
                          Milage is 18345

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...1501?logcode=p

Think this is the cheapest one that is similar.. So I'd say aim for about £10,500 if you was selling privately, maybe £8,000-8,500 trade in.

Check on webuyanycar.com and get an evaluation and it will usually about a similar price.
                            Last edited by Rickzayne; 24-09-2013, 19:47.
                            sigpic.

| DStyle Nav 1.2 PureTech 110 |
                            Third time around.
                            Work in Progress

Comment

Honda offered me 8k

Comment

Working...
                              X