new owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new owner

Just bought a new ds3 around 6 weeks ago, noticed last week that my bonnet didnt seem to line up with the bumper. I took it bk to arnold clark and they say that my bumper is on squint and want me to book it into their workshop. I asked why this had managed to get from the assembly line to the customer without bring picked up, reply wss a shrug of the shoulders, I seen another 2 ds3s exactly the same whilst I was there. Is this common ? Doesnt seem right that u buy a brand new car that gasnt been assembled correctly then have to book it into a body shop to be repaired. Your thoughts please guys

More likely to have been damaged in transit than escape Quality control at the assembly plant
    ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
    eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

I remember reading before about the clamps that hold the bumpers can become loose and allow them to pop out slightly, not sure if this is what you're seeing though ?
      sigpic

Comment

There are tolerances in place at the factory to what is acceptable for shut lines and your car would have met them.

Things this find out first about who is paying as this with most likely not be a warranty issue.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks guys. Went bk to dealer today and got bumper adjusted, looks good now, seen a few brand nee ds3s at the body shop and they were exactly the same, the lines from bonnet to bumper were a mile out on same side

Comment

A lot of squinty DS3s eh?
            Robots on the production line- cant trust em
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
            X