Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I OCD or should I expect better from dealer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I OCD or should I expect better from dealer?

Had my first service last week and was most disappointed with the whole experience.

Hopefully my feedback to the Service Manager explains my displeasure.

Back on track.....

First service at dealers last week....
    Car came out dirtier than when dropped off.
    Car needed a new water pump as was leaking next day.
    Lost my key code labels out of my service book.
    Dropped off for warranty replacement of water pump and sat waiting losing the will to live for the C1 courtesy car, so just demanded a lift home.

Here is my feedback to them.....

Comments: Hello there,
    Just a mail to confirm my conversation with the Service Dept regarding some issues with the service of my DS3 on 30th September 2013, which I hope you can address.

Firstly upon return of my car, I am extremely disappointed that you have lost the key and immobiliser codes slip out of my service book which were behind the service plan card. It was my intention to keep the car for some years and maybe I am abnormal in thinking that having the documentation that was supplied with my car when new was rather useful in the event of need new keys and onward sale. Now I appreciate I didn't purchase the car from you when new, as price was my primary consideration and you weren't able to match the price I received elsewhere, but as I was still happy to rely on your service and parts depts.
    Now my last car (a 205 GTi) was some 22 years old and still had the documentation from new despite numerous visits to dealers. The chap on the service desk did write on a card that I wouldn't be charged if I needed it, but you've lost something irreplaceable, which someone has probably just picked up and binned... The lady on the service desk said it was there when I dropped off the car, but being customer facing, guess she doesn't have time to scrat about looking for such things.

So could you have a proper look for it before the bins go out!

Secondly, upon return of the car, I now have an water leak necessitating in a new water pump, although thankfully under warranty...is this just coincidence or more lack of care?
    I now have to bring it to be fixed and have pay for a courtesy car, which in all fairness is only a tenner, but it's a tenner I didn't have to budget for yesterday!
    Say I went round my tenants house to fix the loo, and then they call me next morning to say there is a now leak through the ceiling and their missing some paperwork and they'll have to pay for their hotel stay, how do you think they would sum up my service.
    Lastly, I like the idea of a valet when my car is serviced and I'm not expecting a snow foam, then two bucket method followed by a full machine polish and a final detailing, but could you supply the team with some clean water, so I can see out of my windows and not cross into the path of a Norbert Dentresangle lorry when the sun hits me as I get to XXXXXXXX?!

I appreciate there some humour in this mail, but the fact that now I have a dirty broken car, missing documents, two extra journeys to you and going to be £10 lighter for the pleasure.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Reply....

have had a further look for the code document you require and I have been unsuccessful in its whereabouts. I did provide my business card earlier stating that if you (at any stage) require the key code supplying, we would not charge you for this. With regards to the courtesy car insurance I will waiver the fee on this occasion and also make sure when the car is cleaned (not dirtied) on the next appointment.

Further reply after more chastising...

I have been unsuccessful in finding the code which has gone missing I am afraid. I checked around the technicians bay, under worktops, toolboxes etc but no luck. The bins are emptied daily into the main bin outside which was collected yesterday morning. If it had of fell into the bin, it would no longer be on site.

Regards

Is this the normal expectation of dealership service.

Final moan was that the service checklist I received was missing a large piece as had been yanked off the jobsheet instead of removed at the staple.

Do I need to see a therapist or shall I move on?
    62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

There is no and I mean NO way they could have caused your pump to start leaking, Just an unfortunate coincidence.
    Dirty car well 50 50 on this. Can look at it two ways. They should have cleaned it but then they also did not thereby not causing any swirl marks
    Charging you for the courtesy car was just piss poor. Not much of a courtesy if you have to pay for it. At least they refunded that money after complaining
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

To be honest, Ive never found an exceptional dealer for maintenance, and just try to keep calm and on the right side of them
      Never know when you will need them
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

You don't need the two white tags. You can only get replacement keys from citroen and all the codes are stored on a central system. You should never have been given the slips in the first place so I wouldn't worry so much about it. As for the car what did you mean by being more dirty than what it was. I take it that the workshop did its job correctly by road testing your car but unfortunately forgot to wash it, surely this wasn't too much of a crime?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk now Free
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          To be honest, Ive never found an exceptional dealer for maintenance, and just try to keep calm and on the right side of them
          Never know when you will need them
          Next time you're my way....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk now Free

Comment

Strange, the water pump went on mine hours after it's first service.

Comment

It must be a conspiracy! Citroen dealers are in collusion to sabotage all the water pumps when cars are in for service
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

That's dealers for you .
                DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

My windows were clean when it went in, yet all grubby from being washed with dirty water and not dried off.
                  I got the underlying feeling that the water pump is an easy warranty revenue earner, as my car went into the workshop for diagnosis and was out within minutes...bet they wouldn't be that fast if I was paying for diagnosis. Kind of like what I forsee on my second service in a years time when they will inevitably say my brake pads and discs need changing along with needing new tyres and wiper blades and we can do them for you for just £499. Something has to be upsold on each service to hit targets in one way or another is my belief.
                  Biggie...why shouldn't the customer get the paper slip with the codes on...the dealer said that now I don't have it, the obtaining key code fee will be waived, or is there no such thing and coding is done as you say via database for set fee anyway?
                  62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                    Next time you're my way....
                    Only ever been to Gretna Green- brothers wedding. His other half is Scottish
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

As to the water pump and conspiracy theories. Did you see them change it? Or they got a new part under warranty and will charge someone else for it

I know one dealership that orders spare wheel kits for new cars when the new owner does not order one. They then sell these on ebay at £200+ and make a nice profit.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Even Arthur 'Biggie' Daley wouldn't do that !
                        sigpic

Comment

They would mean they would have to order the repair kits as well to replace the wheels, and these cost in excess of £200....??

Water pump conspiracy - damn you have rumbled us!! (quick run for the chopper!!)

Any dealer that charges you for the key code after you have provided proof of ownership deserves a slap, it takes less than two minutes to click the button and read the email that is sent. On a side note ANY dealer will be able to retrieve the code when a new key is ordered which they would have to do in order to program it.

Comment

Working...
                          X