Wobbly Wipers! (help please)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly Wipers! (help please)

Hoping someone can help me with this before I lose the plot over it :-)

Got my brand new DS3 DSport Plus a few days ago and absolutely love it, it's currently sitting at just under 100 miles on the clock. Living in Manchester, wipers are something I imagine I'll be using a fair bit over the winter :lemon: However, they're very juddery/jumpy/wobbly, particularly the drivers side blade.

I tried the different wiper settings but eventually left it in auto, and also tried them at various speeds from a stand still to on the motorway but still very jumpy.

Took this quick video and found a use for the iPhone 5S slow-mo feature...

http://youtu.be/8yMlK5SkfKQ

Any help would greatly be appreciated, as it's a bloody annoying problem and I can't keep my eye off it when driving along

sounds like excessive freeplay in the connecting joint from arm to wiper blade.
    Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Mine aren't like that, I'd suggest giving the dealer a call and asking them to take a quick look, personally it would annoy me too much to leave until the 6m check up
      sigpic

Comment

That is a possibility although it is a splined connection and I have needed a gear puller to get the arm off each of the 3 times had them off. Did the dealer coat the windshield with something before handover?
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

try cleaning the screen and blades with methylated spirit
          Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

Apply some Rain repellent and it stops. Ours did this from new
            A coat of GTechnik G5 solved the problem
            ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
            eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

It looks to me (hard to tell for sure) that the blade is on the wrong way around, this could cause the skipping. If you look at the wiper as a skateboard ramp then you would skate at from the bonnet up to the roof.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Unless they put different ones on the R/H drive? the wiper blades only clip on one way.
                Originally posted by cyclone
                It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                Originally posted by Broda
                I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

With Citroen blade you need to fit the arm clip first which means you can put them on up side down.

(Did myself on a Picasso....)
                  ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                  Bigfeet's File Repository
                  The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

I picked up the car 'as new' after they had valeted it, no idea what they treated the windscreen with, if anything.

Will take a look and see if it's on upside down (not that I'd have a clue which is the right way), failing that I'll buy the above product.

Just to make it better some little sod has let down my rear tyre, or I've got a puncture after 100miles.

Boo-hoo
                    Last edited by 750XL; 14-10-2013, 10:51.

Comment

i had a similar problem with mine when I got it brand new , I took it back to citroen and they had coated the screen with something called GaurdX they tried to clean it off but couldn't and told me to keep washing and wiping the windscreen for a couple of weeks and to try to clear it eventualy it did stop I took it back to citroen and said it was ok but the wipers were shot so they replaced them with new ones and topped up my washer fluid too, they were very apologetic .
                      If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Rang Citroen, and got the reply 'Oh, I've never noticed that' and offered no solution at all.

Problem seems to have subsided over the past few days, perhaps they needed to just be 'broken in' as it were

Comment

Sound like whatever the valeter used on the windscreen is now almost gone doesn't it ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X