Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFC Ring/s link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mclear/nfc-ring

Just have to be careful at airports (need to read link to find out why hehe).

Comment

From what I remember on some smart phones you can use the GPS to determine your location and from thar enable/disable features ie. wireless, bluetooth, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by moranphotography View Post
        It only works with Android, Windows and Blackberry phones, as usual Apple lagging behind
        Not true,

Apple created an interface for it and has patents for it, they have Airdrop and Ad Hoc WiFi so obviously don't see a need for it - and to be honest I can see where they're coming from.

Comment

Perhaps lagging behind isnt correct but why do they have to be different, sometimes a bit of uniformity across the board can help. ie the contactless payment

Anyway not getting into an apple vs android debate lol
          Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Ok well I got the tags this afternoon on the way home.

So simple to programme the tag to do exactly what you want it to do with the app NFC Task Launcher.

Decided not to put the tag in the centre console but to use one of the stalks on the left utilising the elastic string it came with. Brilliant how simple it is to do.

The tags are only £6.24 for 6 of them and you can't grumble about that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
            Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

sounds useful. has a very brief look at this as windows 8.1 allows nfc to set up printers. what exactly do i need to do it i assume the tags the,selves and some sort of writer either for windows or windows phone? got any links. wonder if i can shove an nfc close enpugh in the cat to my pocket to just turn on bt when i sit down

Comment

Originally posted by sted View Post
                sounds useful. has a very brief look at this as windows 8.1 allows nfc to set up printers. what exactly do i need to do it i assume the tags the,selves and some sort of writer either for windows or windows phone? got any links. wonder if i can shove an nfc close enpugh in the cat to my pocket to just turn on bt when i sit down
                I got mine from rapidNFC.com based in Covent garden. I'm not 100% at all with Windows phones but was very simple to do on android, sure it won't be too different on Windows phones. Give rapidNFC a call or email, sure they can help.

Join the nfc revolution lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry but I have no idea at all what these air freshner lookalikes are supposed to do.
                  Can someone please throw some light for me?...Please?
                  ChrisRs Detailing, Bingley, West Yorks
                  eMail: chrisrsdetailing@outlook.com

2014 Citroen DS4 DSport 160 Hdi, Whisper Purple

Comment

Originally posted by robbo51 View Post
                    I'm sorry but I have no idea at all what these air freshner lookalikes are supposed to do.
                    Can someone please throw some light for me?...Please?
                    to some extent they do what you tell them. so for instance you program one so that when you tap your phone against it it does what is programmed to do. so in theory it turns wifi on plays a tune or whatever the phone will allow.

looked into windows phone and you cant turn off wifi etc with an app it requires user intervention by the user presumably to stop malicious stuff

Comment

I consider myself a bit of an early adopter when it comes to technology and I had completely overlooked NFC as a bit of a gimmick. Just ordered some cheap stickers off eBay to ttry it out. One for the tablet dock to turn on bluetooth & another for the cubby where I keep my phone to turn on Wifi Tethering. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
                      X