Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking Of Buying A DS3 Style Plus

Hi,
    I'm new to your site and very possibly going to be the owner of a 2012 DS3 Style plus.
    At the moment I'm driving a 2011 Peugeot RCZ GT, a cracking car but unfortunatly it just does not get used enough, it's only done 8500 miles from new, and
    sits on the drive more than its driven, basically its not very practical for our needs, so any way I've decide to part ex it for a DS3 Style Plus.
    The DS3 was infact my car of choice 2 years ago, I had even put a deposit on a brand new one, but went for the RCZ at the very last moment.

The dealer that I have seen this Ds3 at has offered a good deal for the RCZ against the DS3,they are actually giving me the DS3 plus money back, but because the RCZ has lots & lots of toys, more than can be used actually, I'm a little unsure whether to go ahead because I'm not fully sure of the exact spec of the DS3 Style plus.
    I know it does not have sat nav or media player ect, but does it have folding mirrors, blue tooth for phones, parking sensors ?

The one I looked at said it had parking sensors on the rear, but I couldnt see them fitted into the bumper ?
    Also its the 1.6 engine, just like the RCZ, but the Z has a turbo, does the DS3 have a turbo ?

I would appreciate any advice on the DS3 Style plus that can be offered.
    Thanks.
    Jactac.

D style plus has parking sensors, bluetooth and usb maybe not on the 12 model but the 13 does. (My 12 plate didn't my 63 plate does) and unfortunately no turbo

Where abouts you from if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Hi,
      I live In Swansea.
      Does the 2012 model have parking sensors and bluetooth ?

Comment

what sort of performance is the 1.6 ?
        does the Sport model come with a turbo ?

Comment

The sport model can come with a turbo the same engine as in the rcz i believe just less power

Comment

Both sport models, and Racing, are Turbo
            THP engine is used in a few motors
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hellooo 1.6 DSPORT (THP obvs) has turbo and you can tell its the sport as has larger spoiler thats got the brake light all along the back and also twin exhaust .Also sub in boot and centre speaker on the dash. The non-sport models have 1 exhaust and smaller spoiler with small centre brake light. The rear parking sensors if you have them would be on the black trim. Not sure about the diesel models, i only looked at petrol
              Last edited by ds'pinky'3; 17-10-2013, 20:48.
              DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

Ok thanks.
                I've been back to the dealer to try and squeeze a better deal. He's offered £15200 for my Z but this is only if I take out 2 cars from the dealership, the DS3 Style Plus and a Toyota Aygo for the wife, which was the plan anyway.
                It's a real hard desicion because my RZC is a top the range GT model with only 8200 miles on the clock, it has lots of Peugeot extras and is immaculate.
                Even though the DS3 is a cracking little car, there is a big compromise in swapping one for an RZC.
                I just dont know what to do !

Comment

Originally posted by JACTAC View Post
                  Ok thanks.
                  I've been back to the dealer to try and squeeze a better deal. He's offered £15200 for my Z but this is only if I take out 2 cars from the dealership, the DS3 Style Plus and a Toyota Aygo for the wife, which was the plan anyway.
                  It's a real hard desicion because my RZC is a top the range GT model with only 8200 miles on the clock, it has lots of Peugeot extras and is immaculate.
                  Even though the DS3 is a cracking little car, there is a big compromise in swapping one for an RZC.
                  I just dont know what to do !
                  Well, the thing is JACTAC, you have to ask yourself this...

When I first saw official Citroen photographs of the DS3 a few years ago now, I instantly fell in love with its stunningly beautiful looks! I couldn't believe what I was looking at. Those lines. That shape... its curves. The 'floating' roof. Even the bright front LED daytime running lights were like nothing else on the road. There wasn't a car that came anywhere near the DS3's looks or head-turning appeal. It was love at first sight - pure love. Citroen then decided - shortly after - to actually put the DS3 into production - due mainly to the overwhelming positive reaction & praise for such a stunning looking car. Months later, they showed it at the Paris Motor Show - and its British designer was stood next to it & talking about the concept of its design, its features, the many choices of colours, interiors etc available for buyers, etc etc. Orders were now being taken for this beautiful new car from Citroen. [I think you'll find the video is still available on YouTube somewhere].

A year or so later - and the first DS3 rolled off the production line in France... to critical acclaim. I made a special trip to a Citroen dealer in Southampton just to look at one! I instantly fell in love with everything about it... and knew I just had to have one. For me - there was no other choice.

So, you see JACTAC, you don't really buy a DS3. It more or less buys you!!!

Comment

True that

pinky sent using tapa
                    DS3 DSPORT 155 THP- Fuchsia Pink/Thorium Grey Special Edition - DO NOT TOUCH !!!

Comment

^ Two above is what happened to me too

The DSport eHDi has the same features as the DSport THP, I have the DSport+ diesel and love it, best of both worlds for me
                      sigpic

Comment

Well said Solent60
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I would have hoped that your dealer would have gone over the specification with you to start with!

You can find a copy of the DS3 Plus brochure in my file repository - link below in sig.
                          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                          Bigfeet's File Repository
                          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments.
                            I totally agree with what you say about the DS3, it was in fact on my shopping list 2 years ago before I bought My Z, but at the very last moment I went for the Z.
                            I also think that as my circumstances have changed over the last 2 years the DS3 is a more practical car for myself and the wife, my only problem is giving
                            up a car that has so many extras and with just 8000 miles on the clock.

My heart tells me to do one thing but my head another, this is why I wanted to ask "real" owners of the DS3 what they thought of the purchase.

Comment

Why don't you ask your dealer if you can have a 24 hr test drive in a DS3, that will hopefully give you the chance to finally answer your question.

One other way to look at it is this, you have already said that the RZ has lots of spec but on the other hand you have also stated that you don't use the car. In my mind the car is being wasted so a change to a DS3 may make more sense.
                              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                              Bigfeet's File Repository
                              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                              X