Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impatient on delivery

Hi,
    I ordered my ds3 style plus pack grey/grey on the 9th October. I received a phone call from the dealer today to say that I've now got to wait for my car to be built. I'm so impatient as I want my new car.
    does anyone have any idea how long this process may be? my expected delivery date is 01/01/2014.

thank you.

Welcome!

Waiting is a pain!! Sounds about right, 3 months is about average.

Biggy's epic thread may offer some guidance - Here

Did they say they had one ready for you?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Thank you. I'll have a look at that. No they said they were ringing round to find one for me but now been told it's being built.

Comment

You may need locking away in a dark room until January the wait would be to much for me.

Comment

I would doubt if there was a Mono available in the UK, most dealers don't stock them as they are poor sellers which would explain the factory floor build.

If you wanted something now there are a few Ink Blue combos available as of today on free release.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I gave them two options for my colour black roof shark grey body or the all grey. Do you know if the black/grey combo is avaliable bigfeet?

Comment

Sorry, not on today's list.

Comment

How long will it take for build then? I'm hoping delivery is before January lol

Comment

When I ordered my DS3 (shark-grey/black roof - looks absolutely fabulous) on the 10th February, I was advised it would be 8-12 weeks before I would get the car. To be honest, I was quite pleased it required a factory build; it made it seem more personal, rather than getting hold of a car from some stockpile, that had been gathering dust!

I received an e-mail from Citroen on 18th March, informing me that the car had left the Poissy factory, and was en route to the UK. After that, it took 3 weeks for the car to get to the dealer, and I eventually took delivery on the 10th April, two months to the day after ordering, so the salesman's initial estimate turned out fairly accurate. Although the wait seemed interminable, especially after the e-mail to say it had been built, I can definitely say it was well worth it.

I'd recommend that you should just be patient and wait for the one that you really want, rather than compromising your choice and settling for what's available now. In the long run, you'll be happier you waited.

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by tashaw87 View Post
                    How long will it take for build then? I'm hoping delivery is before January lol
                    The latest Build rotation is for December which means you should expect to see a car during the middle of January.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      The latest Build rotation is for December which means you should expect to see a car during the middle of January.
                      Looks like I'll be getting a late Christmas present to myself then.

Comment

Working...
                      X