Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me being a pleb or................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me being a pleb or................

Good evening, just back from work and found (I think) the first thing I don't like, pulled up to the garage, left the lights on then turned ignition off to unlock garage and the lights went out grrrrrrr, put keys back in and turned on ignition and still no lights, had to switch lights off at the stalk and back on again to get them to work, thought this cant be right so tried the process again with same result, my old car if I left lights on and took keys out they stayed on.... is it me doing something wrong?
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

You can have guide me home lights on if you want (well on mine at least so expect it will be on yours too) you can set this via Menu button (I think - check the handbook) and then you can choose the time they stay on between 15 and 60 seconds
    sigpic

Comment

Tried that as well but didn't work, not sure if u have to lock the car for these to work, will have to check that out

Comment

leave the lights set to auto. start car, lights should come on (if dark enough) then setup your Home lights to say 30 seconds. then turn off engine, get out of car, lock it and lights will stay on for 30 seconds.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Ah ok mate, do the lights have to be set to auto for this to work?

Comment

What has happened here is the Eco mode for the car kicked in. Don't mess about with the guide me home lights best thing to do is when you pull up the your garage/door and switch the engine off is to pull the flasher BEFORE you pull the key and the lights will come on and stay on for about 2 minutes.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              What has happened here is the Eco mode for the car kicked in. Don't mess about with the guide me home lights best thing to do is when you pull up the your garage/door and switch the engine off is to pull the flasher BEFORE you pull the key and the lights will come on and stay on for about 2 minutes.

Pull the flasher?

Comment

Lol!

Pull the light stalk towards you (headlight flash when lights are off)

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Why not invest in an electric garage door, then you can just drive straight in.

Regards Tbart

Comment

I didn't know that - thanks Biggie
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X