Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyres

Good Evening Everyone,

It's time for some new tyres on my 2012 DS3 D Sport. I am currently running the stock Bridgestone Protenza tyres they have done well at 27K but now only have 3mm or so tread, so am starting to think about changing them in the next month or so.

So Does everyone stick with the stock tyres, or do they choose something else?

I can see the Bridgestones are about £125 per corner which is horrendous!

Any thoughts?

Rich

Hi Ritch. Ive Tried Nangkangs, (Seemed OK actually) Budgets: Sunitron and Firestone, (Don't like the wet) and looking to get Michelin Pilot Sport 3s for shows, n bit of track (They not cheap)

Got New Bridgestones as well. Tyre review sites don't rate them much, for the wet. Good in the dry

You can use 205 or 215s for width on the Bellones, and 45 profile recommended but like 40s me, but speedo a little bit out. 4 mph at 70mph, but you are gong slower than the speedo says, so not bothered me

To me it seems like most people try another tyre over the Bridgestone. Toyo Proxs get pretty good feedback on here

For the first time am trying Winter tyres Pirelli 240s, and Vredesteins Wintracs. They will be on end November
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Pirelli P Zero Nero GT - £125 each - Fitted

Get good reviews (the Nero GT version not the older one) and were fine at 70mph with some deep water.

Comment

Hi, I've done just short of 3000 miles on the standard Michelin Pilot Exalto's and they've really impressed me, not cheap though as you'd expect! Fantastic grip even in the rain. I've had previous experience on Yokohama Prada Spec 2's (Civic VTI) amazing grip in the dry and I mean amazing, but they wear very fast due to the soft compound, approx £105 per tyre. I have also used Uniroyal rain experts (307 CC) as the name suggests, great in the wet and OK in the dry (quite noisey) about £90 per tyre. Have experience on Dunlop SP 9000's, great in all conditions but did wear quite quickly but they were on a Passat so quite a heavy car, approx £125 per tyre. Have had Continental Sport Contact 2/3 can't remember which? On an MG ZR, they were really good all round but quite pricey, approx £135 per tyre. Have driven on Pirelli P6000's on a Corsa C, possibly the worst tyre I have ever had the misfortune of nearly crashing on, noisey, no grip and dangerous in the wet!!! Erm........ had a Meriva on Accelera Aplha's, dirt cheap, about £65 per tyre and they really surprised me, had no problems whatsoever and comparable to premium tyres! My most previous car was a Focus and had a set of Falken ZE914's, about £90 per tyre and couldn't complain about a single thing! quiet, great grip in the dry, much better than average in the wet, just a great all rounder with a price you can live with! Just in case your wondering why I've used so many tyres? My little DSport is car number 22! I get bored easily lol.......... Oh yeah had a Laguna which was wearing Michelins on the front and 'Ling Longs' on the back when I bought it OMG I may as well strapped blocks of ice under the rear axle, they were horrendous! Only stayed on for a few days lol happy tyre hunting ;-)

Comment

Proxes T1-R, that is all

Comment

Agree with zack good tyres T1-R
            sigpicDs3 Racing

Comment

I have the Michelin Pilot Exalto's on my DS3 and they are v good (wet and dry), would be happy to get another set when then time comes (think they've slightly changed them now though)
              sigpic

Comment

It all depends how you drive your car and on what roads. Excessive speed is the factor ,I've never known a competent driver to end up in a ditch when driving sensibly to the conditions. The muddy country roads im currently using would defeat even the most expensive of tyres if you over did the speed.
                My wife had a KA for a couple of years, it rarely went over 30mph and budget tyres were fine, at that speed the stopping distance has got more to do with the drivers attention, third party/situational awareness and reaction time than physics.

Comment

Just been watching Police Interceptors (Channel 5) where they pulled a car over (pizza delivering), and the tyres were extremely bold worn right through the metal inside the tyre that holds the tyre together - voice over said tyres should be deep pan and not thin and crispy.

Comment

Looking at purchasing some tyres off ebay which are a good price, so fully investigating what they are, and they mention DOT 1211 on the ad.

Think that's the date of manufacture, November 12, am I right?
                    Tried searching on this site, and on the web, but nothing clear. Seems to be USA Dept of Transport number
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 14-12-2013, 10:12.
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Looking at purchasing some tyres off ebay which are a good price, so fully investigating what they are, and they mention DOT 1211 on the ad.

Think that's the date of manufacture, November 12, am I right?
                      Tried searching on this site, and on the web, but nothing clear. Seems to be USA Dept of Transport number
                      http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....205#post128205 see post #20
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
                          Thanks Cyclone- didn't come up in my search
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment