Order modification question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order modification question

After putting the order in for my new car a couple of weekends ago, I thought I'd ask the dealer if there was a chance I might be able to change the roof colour.

I've ordered a white DSport with black roof, and thought I'd ask on the off chance if it was possible to get the DSport with a white roof seeing as they were doing this anyway for the special edition. The sales rep said he'd check and give me a call back, and the response came back not that it couldn't be done, but rather that I couldn't change my order because once it had gone through, that was it. Given that I'm going to be waiting until Feb and it's definitely not gone to build yet, I find this a bit strange- has anyone else had a similar experience, or found the opposite and been able to change something?
    White/Black
    1.6 THP

Your dealer is right, your order will now be in a process queue at the factory. Once it has been placed it cannot be changed, the only way around this would be to have your dealer cancel that order and place a new order instead. The only thing with this is that your car would take longer to arrive as it would end up further down the line.

The thing to watch out fro is that you may have to forfit any deposit on the first order if your dealer has declared that order in your name to Citroen and DVLA.
    ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
    Bigfeet's File Repository
    The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks for confirming, damn my indecisive nature!

I'll have no doubt changed my mind by the time delivery comes round and decide I like the black roof again more anyway
      White/Black
      1.6 THP

Comment

Black Roof Will Look Much Better Mate - It'll Look Too Plain Being All White !

Comment

Originally posted by T 24CK T View Post
          Black Roof Will Look Much Better Mate - It'll Look Too Plain Being All White !
          You're probably right, I think I have just been looking at them far too much since putting the order in!

Was just thinking that having a DSport in all white would have been quite unique.... guess having a black roof on your car in contrast to the white is more unique in the grand scheme of things!
          White/Black
          1.6 THP

Comment

Mines black with a white roof - not unique now - just looks like every other snow covered dark car!!! :-(

Jimbob

Comment

Isn't "more unique" an oxymoron?

Jimbob

Comment

Ha, I can't work out if it should be or not, makes my head hurt.
                White/Black
                1.6 THP

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                  Ha, I can't work out if it should be or not, makes my head hurt.
                  It is! Either something is unique or it isn't. :-)

Jimbob

Comment

Doh, long day
                    White/Black
                    1.6 THP

Comment

Know the feeling.

Jimmy the pedant

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
                      Doh, long day

Comment

Working...