which ds3 now ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which ds3 now ?????

I love my DS3 , my 3 year package is up soon, so have the choice of keeping it- giving it back-trading it in.
    It is a 1.6 diesel and would like something with a bit more ooomph when over taking.
    What do you suggest ? would love some feed back.

Which diesel model do you currently have?

If you want some more oomph, my suggestions would be either: get a new 115 e-HDi / 155 THP or keep your current car and get it remapped.
    Last edited by BeefMasta; 31-10-2013, 21:58.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Dstyle 1.6 HDi 90 hp
      Last edited by doreen; 31-10-2013, 22:25.

Comment

not sure what a 115 e-HDi / 155 THP are . Is the sport OK ? thought I had read some bad reports about it !

Comment

Originally posted by doreen View Post
          Dstyle dynamic 1.6
          Probably the 90 then.

not sure what a 115 e-HDi / 155 THP are . Is the sport OK ? thought I had read some bad reports about it !
          115 e-HDi = diesel DSport.

155 THP = petrol DSport.

My petrol THP has been fine. As I understand it, the newer ones seem to have less reported issues.

My suggestion would be to test drive both the petrol & diesel DSports, see which you prefer. Both will be a significant improvement in power over your current car
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

thanks, just been looking at the sport, might have a trip out on sunday :lemon:

Comment

thanks, just been looking at the sport, might have a trip out on sunday :lemon:
              No worries. Let us know how you get on
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Have not yet seen a THP 155 Petrol DSport with the major issues that affected the THP 150s (Engines breaking)
                Relatively speaking there weren't many that broke anyway
                Only time will tell
                Last edited by Chris_Blue; 31-10-2013, 22:46.
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

I have a THP Dsport plus. I'm currently experiencing a few problems as I've discussed on another thread. Hopefully it's just about sorted as was nothing serious. It's the newer 155 model which definitely seems to be more reliable. The fault in my car I can just about accept but it was more the customer service that annoyed me which is no reason to put you of getting one. Sadly I've yet to deal with a car dealership that treats you with anything more than indifference post sale.

As for the car itself, I love it. Really love it!
                  Prior to this car I had the dstyle plus non turbo version (1.6 vti). I knew the thp would be quicker but when I actually got it I was pleasantly surprised at how much quicker it was. It really is a fast car. The whole ride is so much better and quieter and with the 6th gear I can average better mileage albeit usually I dont, but that's down to the fun in driving it :-).

I have never driven the diesel version but I would certainly recommend a THP to anyone!

Comment

Our 115 Diesel aint short of ooomph lol, it did/does surprise me the power it kicks out for such a lil motor, obviously not as fast as THP petrol but it sure can hold its own (especially in the reliability department) oops, did i really just say that lol
                    The Truth is Out There !

Comment

"reliability"

Are we THP owners allowed to use that word
                      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Cabrio Racing ?

Comment

thanks guys.....going to have a good look on sunday....did think about the cabrio , read up on it , can be quite noisy on motor way.........and a few other little blips.... anyone own one on here ?

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-Eyes View Post
                            Our 115 Diesel aint short of ooomph lol, it did/does surprise me the power it kicks out for such a lil motor, obviously not as fast as THP petrol but it sure can hold its own (especially in the reliability department) oops, did i really just say that lol
                            I have just ordered a dsport with the same engine mate ...

You happy with yours ?
                            DS3 Dsport Hdi Red Edition !

Comment

I have one and it's a great car, plenty of oomph/torque, free road tax and if you get bored of 115 bhp you can always take it for a remap if you're not worried about warranty ! Currently getting 58mpg (with ac on all the time) and driven fast
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X