Potential two DS 3 family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential two DS 3 family

My lad has loved the DS3 since it was first released and he is the one who has got me into them. He is 20 and passed his test 2 years ago. At the time we could not afford a DS3 so he had is second choice a Twingo.

With the arrival of my DS3 and having just got a job has a teacher assistant in a school for under privileged children he has decided to bite the bullet and get his dream car so today we are trekking around the country looking at DS racing's. He is a good lad, hard working (doing 2 cleaning jobs and voluntary work before getting the job at the school. He is still doing the cleaning at the school). He is not sure if he likes Black or White best but he does want the big screen sat nav and we reckon we can afford to go up to £16000 however I need to bargain hard.

So fingers crossed we could soon be a 2 DS3 family, just got to get the wife to part with her beloved Saxo (Herbie) but I think that is a very long shot. I will let you know how we get on.

John
    This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Good choice in losing the Twingo
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Before u make your mind up 100% on the ds3 racing search the forum on the related problems that they have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
        Before u make your mind up 100% on the ds3 racing search the forum on the related problems that they have

OMG!!!!! Thank you Sparky.

Is it just the racing or do all THP models suffer with engine failure?
        This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Comment

The older thp 150 did have problems but since the thp 155 there alot better. There is mods you can do to the racing to stop it blowing up on you but they might void the warranty if it comes with one by fitting them

Comment

16k you'll get alot of car. Depends on New or second hand though I picked up mine, 17 months old for 11,900 for a 155 DSport Plus
            Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
              The older thp 150 did have problems but since the thp 155 there alot better. Tapatalk
              Not all of them- majority were fine
              155s- no engine issues- just bolt on bits, turbo, HPFP, 2 timing chain/tensioners have seen on here
              Havent seen one 155, with piston issues as yet
              (Prepares to be updated)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

I'd be very careful with a second hand racing purchase, it's a shame as they are beautiful cars
                sigpic

Comment

If you do get a Racing, have a chat with someone like ds3r who has done a few preventative modifications, and all seems well
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. My lad is still very keen to get a racing

Comment

Working...
                    X