Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable speed limit in my ds3 ...

Hi,

Was travelling back from Liverpool yesterday and just on the m6 toll joining the m42 there was a variable speed sign with 50mph in a red circle.

Did'nt notice as was pulling out from behind a lorry and most of the traffic was doing 70mph NSL.

Did'nt notice a flash but was wondering what could happen...

Been driving since january and could be my first offence...

Any pps travel that area alot or any experience..

I know silly me but justr getting a idea if i was caught what i'd be in for??

Cheers
    sigpic

Unless there was a camera behind that sign and it flashed I would think you'll be ok.......

Don't forget to use the speed limiter in those zones
    sigpic

Comment

my sat nav with live cameras said it was 70 still and others were doing it but didnt see a flash but you know how small the back windows are.
      sigpic

Comment

Hello

Most of the signs there have Camera's Monitoring all 3 Lanes.

The Camera's are behind the Signs

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Coles...rce=gplus-ogsb
        Last edited by Shrek; 07-11-2013, 11:18.

Comment

Originally posted by DJH2389 View Post
          I know silly me but justr getting a idea if i was caught what i'd be in for??
          If it's your first offence you're normally offered to pay a fine and take a speed awareness course or argue it in court. If your case fails in court then you'd get points and a fine.

I'm sure Den can confirm.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

70 in a 50 is a 3 Points/£60 Fine According to Pepipoo

Speed Awareness Courses ( Depending on Force Area) are for doing less than 39 in a 30?

If you got caught , you will get sent a NiP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) within 14 days from the day you were caught , (Day Caught - Day 0) , if after 14 days you haven't got anything you are in the clear

If a NiP is received , the person who it is addressed to has to nominate the driver who was driving at the time ,( E.G , if the car is Registed(LogBook) to your Mum , your mum will get the first NiP , She will fill out the Drivers Details and send it back , Then the driver ( who was nonimated ) will get his own NiP?

(Note - Only the First NiP letter applies to the 14 Day Rule)

Long time since I Read up on this , Can anyone confirm its correct?

Comment

Cheers this helps abit just that dredded 14 day wait.....
              sigpic

Comment

That's if the cameras were operational at the time. Don't want to give you false hope but I've been flashed a few times by those even with my standard plate and never had anything through.

There was a member on here a few years back who helped design the software for the variable speed limit cameras and he said that at the moment they are rarely operational and more so being 'trialled' on some areas which means they flash but are not enforceable. Just another thought to take into account before you panic too much

Comment

cheers just how it was a mandatory speed 50mph in a red circle. so i thought fuck but what am i suppose todo if someon sitting up my arse and cant move in a lane slam my brakes and cause a crash...?
                  sigpic

Comment

if the car behind was right up yer arse they may have obscured your number plate anyway lol !
                    sigpic

Comment

3 days gone 11 togo.

Does anyone know much about these gantry cameras??

Cheers
                      sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't worry unduly.If most of the traffic was doing circa 70MPH and you didn't see a flash,you are almost certainly ok.......imho.
                        Let us know the outcome!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                          I wouldn't worry unduly.If most of the traffic was doing circa 70MPH and you didn't see a flash,you are almost certainly ok.......imho.
                          Let us know the outcome!!
                          That's a good point!

If there were lots of cars, all doing 70, the camera ought to have been flashing like a strobe in a disco (do they still have those things?)
                          Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

I hate be the bearer of bad news, but if they are Truvelo cameras they don't flash!

Comment

wasnt a truvelo camera i know that much lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X