Knocking :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    Better loose a days money, than it be something serious and it costs lot more than a days money
    Cant you book it in, and get a courtesy at the same time
    Got a brand new edhi115 diesel as a courtesy once-
    It's under warranty, so shouldn't have to pay for anything. Try getting a Dual Controlled courtesy car from a stealer! It is do'able but its such a faff!
    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Well mines is booked in for monday morning so fingers crossed they get to the bottom of it. And while its in they can fix my rattling glovebox and rear speaker while there at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well car was in today and low and behold they can find nothing wrong with it. So i took one of there techs out and he agrees that there is a knock. I asked if they checked the top mounts on the shockers and there reply was no ( no shock there then )

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
          And while its in they can fix my rattling glovebox and rear speaker while there at it

Re the rattling glovebox, it might be worth checking to see if the rubber stops (in the panel that opens downwards) are still in place. One of mine, I think there are two had fallen out into the glove box, refitted it (it just pushes back in) and it's been super quiet ever since
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
            Re the rattling glovebox, it might be worth checking to see if the rubber stops (in the panel that opens downwards) are still in place. One of mine, I think there are two had fallen out into the glove box, refitted it (it just pushes back in) and it's been super quiet ever since
            Cheers for that mate yes the rubber bungs are still there and its not stuff in the glovebox ive seen me driving about with the glovebox open at times as it don't do it when its open only shut

Mark

Comment

Ive had some trouble. Take everything out of the glove box to make sure. I jam a microfiber cloth in the glovebox , close onto it- that helps
              Not sure theres such a thing as a quiet dash area on a DS3
              Given up searching for the rattles now LOL
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Yea chris am getting that way myself am thinking louder music solves the problem lol

Mark

Comment

[QUOTE=Sparky ds3;130809]Cheers for that mate yes the rubber bungs are still there and its not stuff in the glovebox ive seen me driving about with the glovebox open at times as it don't do it when its open only shut

Mark

one word - bluetack ! ( I rementioned mine was missing a bung to citroen on first service -0 they said its not a part they can do so would have to be a whole new glovebox lid ! wtf !!)
                  Nick - ds3 dsport plus e-HDI 110

my other truck is a discovery 2 es - prepped to go anywhere

Comment

Lets face it the glovebox is useless!! Ok its good for holding a packet of chewing gum its that small. Possible fix. Glue the fecker shut

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                      Lets face it the glovebox is useless!! Ok its good for holding a packet of chewing gum its that small. Possible fix. Glue the fecker shut
                      Mark
                      LOL. Good place for the locking wheel nut tho:redface:
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

The DS went into Citroen toady, they are having it back for a couple of days so they can strip it down (front suspension I think). Bored now.
                        BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Least its not the engine Sash
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
                            The DS went into Citroen toady, they are having it back for a couple of days so they can strip it down (front suspension I think). Bored now.
                            U and me both thats twice its been in now and they cant find the problem even tho they do agree there is a knock. So its back in after new year until they rectify the problem

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              LOL. Good place for the locking wheel nut tho:redface:
                              It also fits v snug in the spare wheel holder Chris, there is a space for it next to the plastic wheel nut cap remover
                              sigpic

Comment

Had similar issue earlier this year with my old nissan juke turned out that the front suspension bushes were in need of greasing.
                                DS3 1.6 Bluehdi Dsport Plus :STrooper:

Comment

Working...
                                X