Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damaged wheel repair

PART ONE
    "Can I give her a spin?" my wife Sue asked. The voice inside my head was screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" but the words "Of course dear" came out. We had a wonderful drive out (well Sue did, I had my eyes closed most of the time) and arrived back in our home road with no major mishaps.
    "Pull her onto the curb just in case you catch the wheel" I suggested, which in fairness she did. Unfortunately Sue only just made the curb and just has we stopped the DS slipped off and there was a terrible scrapping sound!!!!

Sue was upset and said "I can't look" I braced myself and getting out of the car my heart sank, there were some nasty scrapes in my front passenger side wheel. "it's OK", I lied," no damage"

Next day at work I phoned the garage I had bought the car from to find out who had refurbed the wheels before I picked her up. It turned out the company was Perfection Alloys and the guy who had done such a wonderful job lives but 5 minutes from my house!!!!

Sue does care work and is working all day today so I booked the repair in for this morning. Being diamond cut alloys I thought it would be a car into a work shop job but this company do it on their van.

Martyn arranged to be at my house for 07:45.

Most important part of any job is preparation and at this time of a Saturday morning copious quantities of Coffee is a major contributing factor to a successful out come

The damage..........

Last edited by Whippety John; 16-11-2013, 11:57.
    This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Part Two

After a quick chat about the first time Martyn had refurbed the wheels and comments about just how nice the car is, he set to work. I did find out he is a bit odd because he drives a MINI, however no one is perfect and he did seem to know his stuff

She was jacked up, wheel removed and axel stand used (good to see torque wrench used to refit)

This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Comment

Part Three

The tyre was deflated and Martyn set to work.

Comment

Where are the results lol
        DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
        Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Part Four

The van was discreetly parked so if Sue drove past she would not notice it :rolleyes:

While my baby hung around in suspendered anticipation........................
          Before

After

Before

After

Which gave me time to take some snaps with my digital camera...........

Comment

Part Five

Soon it was just a matter of waiting for the lacquer to dry. The wheel was refitted and looked fab!

Even 'our' Blackbird sang Martyn's praises........

Job done and Sue is none the wiser. Total cost £66 which seems quite fair.

Thank you for looking, John
            Last edited by Whippety John; 16-11-2013, 10:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
              Where are the results lol
              Patience, I am sure they are on their way

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
              Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Wow that looks great. Can't tell at all. I was told they have to be sent away so lucky you for having a local mobile guy who can do it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Looks good! He's done a very good job! I want mine refurbing
                  :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
                  Partsworld-UK.com
                  Email
                  Call: 01246 268896
                  We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
                  *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Very good job, how did he get rid of the damage? the scrapes are quite deep

Comment

Very good job, how did he get rid of the damage? the scrapes are quite deep
                      It was just a cut and polish then lacquer. I was worried about having these type of wheels but have dropped lucky on a local repairer.

Now all I have to do is have the local curbs rubber coated and Sue may drive the DS again

Comment

lol, hope you do not tell her that

Comment

lol, hope you do not tell her that
                          LOL, discretion is the better part of valour, probably best not to...........................

Sue

Comment

Great write up. I'm dreading the day i scrape mine.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                              Great write up. I'm dreading the day i scrape mine.
                              Thank you BeefMasta

I can send Sue round, she will remove the dread of waiting

Comment

Working...
                              X