Tyre Replacement !!!!! Which ones....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeWazza View Post
    I was looking on blackcircles just for some Michelin Super Sports, however when looking through the Kumho Ecsta Le Sport KU39 have the best overall rating at C for fuel economy and A for breaking distance, am I missing something here at £85 a corner?
    You pretty much get what you pay for. Pilot Super Sports can be up to £175 a corner (Great tyre)
    However, Pilot Sport 3s are around £125 a corner (Black circles) although you can get cheaper with different sizing

Ive looked and researched absolutely loads of tyres over last 3 months, and if something is cheaper, theres a reason
    Either they will wear real quick, wont grip in the wet, noisy or uses more fuel because of the compound (Relatively speaking)

Havent looked specifically at Kumho, as they are lower/mid range dependant on tyre spec
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      You pretty much get what you pay for. Pilot Super Sports can be up to £175 a corner (Great tyre)
      However, Pilot Sport 3s are around £125 a corner (Black circles) although you can get cheaper with different sizing

Ive looked and researched absolutely loads of tyres over last 3 months, and if something is cheaper, theres a reason
      Either they will wear real quick, wont grip in the wet, noisy or uses more fuel because of the compound (Relatively speaking)

Havent looked specifically at Kumho, as they are lower/mid range dependant on tyre spec
      Yeah I would have never considered budget ones before, as I think they you are most likely to notice the difference when you need them most. However just going off the ratings on black circles, these are technically the best? I'll do a bit of research and see.

EDIT: Ah yeah looks like they wear really fast, one guy is claiming 30,000 from a nearly new set? But most are saying about 8-9,000 and they are gone.
      Last edited by JakeWazza; 02-01-2014, 09:35.

Comment

Theres some others on review sites that come out top, and are well cheaper (Cant remember at the moment the name, but I posted them up)
        Then you realise they've only had 6 reviews...so could be get 6 mates on, and review them as they are marvellous etc etc.

But go to the manufacturers site, and read the small print. Theres usually something that jumps out as the reason
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

In this case it seems to be the lack of small print.

"Content to follow"

Comment

Ah! That may well be they sound fantastic, and are cheap
            Nothing to support it!
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well im totally lost now in the world of tyres! ??!? Lol I really cant decide .... got 4 bridgestone potenzas on from new. Front 2 are at 3mm and rear are at 5mm. Left rear has nail in though and too close to wall to be repaired. So.......what to do? Replace all 4 .... replace 3.....or just replace punctured rear and sit it out till summer for front 2. Plus cant decide what to fit .... budget or medium range?

Nankangs? Toyo R1? Uniroyal sport 3?

Arrrggghhhh .... help!!

Regards

Indecisive DS3 owner

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
              ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
              ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
              ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
              ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DS3WPR View Post
                Well im totally lost now in the world of tyres! ??!? Lol I really cant decide .... got 4 bridgestone potenzas on from new. Front 2 are at 3mm and rear are at 5mm. Left rear has nail in though and too close to wall to be repaired. So.......what to do? Replace all 4 .... replace 3.....or just replace punctured rear and sit it out till summer for front 2. Plus cant decide what to fit .... budget or medium range?

Nankangs? Toyo R1? Uniroyal sport 3?

Arrrggghhhh .... help!!

Regards

Indecisive DS3 owner

I would definitely replace all 4 at once. As for what to choose it depends on how much you really want to spend, as for the best you're looking at around £600 fitted really, however realistically if all you do is drive normally, Nankangs would do fine.

Comment

Done....Nankangs it is!! Will blame you Wazza if they are rubbish lol

sigpic

Comment

I ended up buying 1 part worn same as were on it. Gona run down the fronts a bit more then buy 2 new front

sigpic

Comment

Go for the Toyo's, you won't be disappointed

Comment

Where can I purchase nankangs from in and around preston
                        If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Palatine Buildings, Hartington Road, PR1 8PQ, PRESTON

Asdatyres
                          Last edited by ICF; 15-03-2014, 11:46.
                          e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

I am looking at the Michelin pilot sports 3
                            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
                              I am looking at the Michelin pilot sports 3
                              I researched tyres within my price range and these (PS3s) came out best as far as i could tell
                              So- theres 4 of them, brand spanking, in my spare room, waiting to be fitted at end of month- £376 supply only- best deal i could see, try beat it
                              Black circles were £450 for 4 Supply only
                              They are "40" profiles which were wanted anyway- just a tadge lower than OEM

ED- Sold 4 nearly new Nangkangs for £80, 8 month ago
                              Last edited by Chris_Blue; 15-03-2014, 12:50.
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                                I researched tyres within my price range and these (PS3s) came out best as far as i could tell
                                So- theres 4 of them, brand spanking, in my spare room, waiting to be fitted at end of month- £376 supply only- best deal i could see, try beat it
                                Black circles were £450 for 4 Supply only
                                They are "40" profiles which were wanted anyway- just a tadge lower than OEM

ED- Sold 4 nearly new Nangkangs for £80, 8 month ago
                                That's cheap, where from if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                                X