No announcement yet.

Tyre Replacement !!!!! Which ones....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes- spent 2 month looking- Website "OPONEO" imported then from Germany. Still in the sellophane. Arrived in 48hrs no less.
    I thought price might go up so just went for them 2 week ago
    Mobile trye fitter (So i can watch closely LOL) quoted £50 for putting them on, valves and balancing too
    Cant wait- my summer and track wheels
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Pilot sport 3's are the bomb.

Going to be putting them on my car I think next time

Comment

I got Bridgestone Potenzas (I think all round) 205/45/17/V but will soon need to change the front set as tread is getting low - any suggestions for a decent pair of tires? - good stopping, low wearing, fuel efficient and quiet if at all possible. Noticed that most of tires now are run flats which doesn't help with fuel efficiency.

Comment

Hello people, I got a quote for four Bridgestone Potenza RE50A 205/45/17/88V for around 260euro, but there is a catch...they are DOT 2010, stored properly at the official Bridgestone store/representative...should I got for it, I checked them visually and nothing seems to be wrong, I read that storage is most important and theirs looks like my room I read that manufacturers state that the tires are new up until 6 years old with visual check at the 5th year...any advice would be valuable since we are talking about fairly "old" tires.
          I know that Potenzas are not most comfortable and quietest tires on the market, and fuel economy will not improve but still I think it is a good deal.
          Mine DS3 came with those tires from the factory.

Current winter setup is Vredestein WintracExtreme and I love them.

I hope there are some tire experts here.

Thanks in advance.
          Last edited by DS3SaBoy; 07-04-2014, 06:55.
          ...4 million people are very lucky to live in Bosnia...others didn't have that kind of luck, but have everything else...

Comment

How long does it take you to wear out a set? IF it only take a couple of years go for it, but if your tires last 4-5 or more years would leave it and find something else.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

@cyclone up until now it took me about three seasons to wear them, to tell you the truth I change them every three seasons no matter of their wear and tear condition (season meaning from 15 April to 20 October-15 November for summer setup. I believe it is about 7.000-10.000 km per season).

I was wondering would such "old" tires be dangerous on highway since I do plan on travelling a lot this year, but to tell you the truth I would be more than happy for those tires to last me for two seasons.

I might sound stupid put I have to ask, could I replace my 205/45/17 with the 225/45/17, 215/45/17 on the same rims, and would they look too wide on DS3, maybe even dangerous?
              I just don't understand these things...

I did find this, but still doesn't answer anything...I am such an idiot when it comes to tires...

205/45R-17
              Sidewall (rim to road) 3.6in
              Radius 12.1in
              Diameter 24.3in
              Circumference 76.2in
              831 revolutions per mile

225/45R-17
              Sidewall (rim to road) 4.0in
              Radius 12.5in
              Diameter 25in
              Circumference 78.5in
              808 revolutions per mile

Thanks.
              Last edited by DS3SaBoy; 07-04-2014, 09:02.
              ...4 million people are very lucky to live in Bosnia...others didn't have that kind of luck, but have everything else...

Comment

Originally posted by pmk View Post
                Noticed that most of tires now are run flats which doesn't help with fuel efficiency.
                Apart from the suspension not being set up to compensate for the different characteristics of run-flats, it's also a legal requirement for any vehicle fitted with them to have a tyre pressure monitoring system. If the car didn't come fitted with them as OE, don't even think of fitting them!

Comment

Dave there are after market sys available but will admit hardly worth the bother and expensive also.

2-3 years on those would be perfectly safe. The 215 would be no problem and would think the 225 would fit without rubbing. Not sure though as never really looked at it. Both will go on the stock rims and the speedometer error is not bad for either. Performance wise it is not always better to have more. The stock 205 will get you going fast enough for fun but give up before you get going way to fast for public roads. If it is a matter of looks then whatever makes you happy, If like the look go wide.
                  Originally posted by cyclone
                  It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                  Originally posted by Broda
                  I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

@ cyclone thanks again, I will go for 205/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE050A than, I have nothing to lose. The worst thing that can happen is that I have to replace my summer tires next year

best to all

Comment

Working...
                    X