Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foot well refurb

PART ONE
    This morning I decided to fit the lovely new foot pedal covers that I bought from Aidan at Parts world (great service, highly recommended).

The accelerator pedal cover came attached to an accelerator unit so I changed these over in my lunch break at work yesterday. It looked fab and I could not wait to get started on the brake, clutch and foot rest however this time of year with it's dark nights forced me to wait until this morning.

I was up and ready to go at 8am and after the requisite cup of coffee to kick start my body and the adding of several pairs of socks I was ready to tackle this job.
    My mechanical knowledge I can write on the back of a postage stamp in large letters and my fingers have all the dexterity of a baby Hippo but undaunted and armed with my hardly ever used tool box (full of shinny objects that I have no clue how to use properly) I set about the task with hope and a mobile phone on just in case I needed to ring for Green Flag.............

My supervisor watched from a safe distance.

My box of shinny objects was ready.......

....and a nice place to rest my knees (or pray for guidance)

The old covers

Last edited by Whippety John; 23-11-2013, 11:00.
    This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

PART TWO

Before I continue there are a couple of things to note.
    First off is the template for the foot rest is a bit pants, I think it has shrunk with constant photo copying, and the crosses for the holes to be drilled do not match up with the screw holes.
    The Torx head screws (I think that is what they are called, they have star shaped groves in the top) are a different size in the new covers compared to the old. They fit just has well but you will need two different sizes Torx bits.

To my surprize I managed to remove the brake pedal cover with little fuss and no swear words!

The new parts looked great.

The clutch pedal was a little more fiddly due to the position of the top Torx screw but it came off with out to much trouble, I think the minus 2 temperature and the smell of cooking bacon spurred me on to great deeds

Last edited by Whippety John; 23-11-2013, 11:01.
    This royal throne of kings, this scepter'd isle, this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.

Comment

PART THREE

The holes in the brake and clutch pedal had been nicely drilled by Citroën which made my task very easy and with a combination of good tools, good quality parts and good luck I had began to feel that Green Flag would not have to be called out.

So far so good, now came the more complex part of the operation, the placement and fitting of the foot rest. I added a bit of Velcro to the back of the foot rest so I could 'stick' it to the carpet and move it around until I was happy with how it felt under foot and looked. Once in place I screwed a Torx screw into the carpet but left it lose just in case the foot rest moved. It did not so I added a second Torx screw in the diagonally opposite hole, then removed the Velcro.
      I did not need to drill the carpet, the Torx screws took hold and went in with no problems!

Comment

Great little write up John, seems like the supervisor has a watchful eye on you mate
        The Truth is Out There !

Comment

Part Four

This was a job well worth doing and one that I did in less than 2 hours, 1 hour for accelerator change and about 45 mins for the brake, clutch and foot rest. This is a simple job that even I can manage and with the great service from Parts World, one that is very enjoyable to do.

I even managed to get it done before Sue burnt the breakfast

All done.

Thank you for looking, all the best, John

Comment

That's brilliant and certainly made my mind up to get these next week
            Thanks for the pics too
            2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Angel-Eyes View Post
              Great little write up John, seems like the supervisor has a watchful eye on you mate
              Thank you

I have to be careful because my Whippets are very partial to running off with and losing my shinny things

Comment

Hi Wes79

Thank you. It is very easy and I even managed with out a single blue word.
                The old ones can be refurbed, the rubber just pokes out of the covers which would allow them to be painted. The accelerator cover is held on with Torx screws but the replacement had plastic mouldings over the nuts so I am not sure if they are removable on that version.

Comment

Do you have to have those pedals already to fit them? I.E. would I be able to fit to my dstyleplus?

sent from my S3 via tapatalk
                  Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

Great write up.

Looking at mine the other day, I seem to be wearing the brake pedal in a similar place to you. Good to know it's an easy replacement if it gets too bad. Cheers
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Looks much better

Comment

Must be strange me, but the footwell lights are not even on a list of 100 things to do
                        Still- if your happy- its Happy days!
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

The footplate looks great ... gunna get one on order now, would of thought that having aluminium pedals that the footplate would have come as standard

looks fairly easy to fit ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-and-Ge...item3f28448397

Decent price ??
                          DS3 Dsport Hdi Red Edition !

Comment

lfc put me onto a place where I got one delivered for £20 couple month back
                            Cant remember where- pm lfc maybe
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
                              The footplate looks great ... gunna get one on order now, would of thought that having aluminium pedals that the footplate would have come as standard
                              Decent price ??
                              They are on the L/H drive sport models
                              Originally posted by cyclone
                              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                              Originally posted by Broda
                              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
                              X