Growing list of problems....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growing list of problems....

Hey all! Merry Xmas (and all that!) to all of you!

Anyway, thought I might write down a listy of issues that I have had with my DS3 so far. I am a highly picky guy - if i spot the slightest of problems then it will keep annoying me till its fixed, so some of these are a little pedantic.

1. front splash guards coming away (fixed - info rapid)
    2. broken windscreen (fixed - garage said was a stress fracture)
    3. intermittant squeek from drivers seat (very annoying but not happened for a while - not fixed)
    4. dash rattle/squeek (fixed - info rapid)
    5. squeek from dash at join between top faceplate and center console faceplate (fixed)
    6. rattle/vibrations from rear drivers side speaker/trim (fixed mostly but still vibrates quite a bit with high bass)
    7. glovebox not fitting right - sticks out from the dash by a few mm (not fixed)
    8. Passanger side electric window very sluggish compared to drivers side (not fixed - all like that said the garage)
    9. pulls to the left on motorway speeds at different cambers (garage says no fault but might pay for laser allignment to check)
    10. gearstick torn (fixed)
    11. gearstick surround lifting from base (fixed)
    12. rattle in boot (fixed)

There are probably more things that I cant remember at this point. While there have been a few things I am still really happy with the car. Its been fantastic in this weather. I have the dStyle HDi model so have drum rear brakes (which are brilliant for a sneaky handbreak turn!).

Can anyone here have check on their car to see if the windows are the same? Quite slow on raising them? And do any of yours pull to the left? I know they can be camber happy (thats the excuse the garage keeps giving me) but I can sometimes turn a courner on the dual carrageway without touching the steering wheel! Plus it does happen on right cambers as well as left and center.

Anyway, Im off to play my kinnect

Hi there!

Sorry to hear about all your problems, I had a few on delivery (including a leaky rear screen!). The squeaks from seats etc have just gone away on their own in mine, I just think they needed bedding in or something.
    My windows are also like yours, they are both pretty sluggish going up and the passenger one is noticeably slower mostly when the car has just been turned on.
    On the camber issue the DS3 does enjoy a good tramline on all camber types and I'm always worrying my alignment is out. The best way to check is to drive on a long flat stretch of road that you know is pretty smooth and steer to the centre and just keep correcting any pulling to see if it keeps on returning to one side, if the car continuously pulls or doesn't track perfectly straight once the wheel has been gently centred (has to be gentle as sometimes a normal turn and stop at centre will keep the car going in that direction a smidge) then it's a tracking issue.
    Hope I helped (at least a bit), hope you get it all fixed and sorted and had a good Christmas!
    '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
    '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
    'We do what we must, because we can.'
    Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Similar issues with the windows on startup though the passenger side window is always slower to operate than the drivers. Something similar to a squeak from the drivers seat which I have traced to the drivers seatbelt mount. Glovebox fit is awful and rattles like a bag of spanners. Fixed it with some cork spacers. Not noticed any issues with the cars steering irrespective of the camber of the road. Despite these issues, I am still very happy with the car and am still glad that I bought one.

Comment

How long u had the car?

Comment

The passenger side window being sluggish is a common problem - there's been a long thread on DS3Spirit on this. I suspect it may be intentional, as the passenger side doesn't have a safety cut-out.

As far as the steering's concerned, I think it's just a case of the car following the camber. Mine does it, although there are quite a few stretches of the M1, in particular, where it will run straight hands-off; on the other hand, there's a couple of miles on the M56 where it pulls very strongly to the left for no apparent reason. On balance, however, I wouldn't say it's any better or any worse than any of my previous cars. I can't remember which road it was but yesterday I drove on a stretch (probably M6 Toll) where the road curves gently to the right but is banked to such an extent that, hands-off, the car was drifting to the right.

Comment

new to the list
            - car reverse sensors failing. they constantly beeping when nothing behind it. really annoying!

Did have a squeeky arm rest too (garage fixed it quickly tho.)

@phill106 - Have had the car about 3 months now.

Comment

Check the rear sensors are clean mine went off the same but were filthy so I wiped them down and they have been fine since

Comment

tried giving them a quick clean (spit and finger! Oh yeah!) and well, no. still nudda. So back to the garage (again!)

Comment

Apparently there's a known problem with French-market cars pulling to the right, which has been the subject on an InfoRapid, but as it only affects a known batch of cars it's almost certainly not applicable to UK-market, RHD cars. The solutions are:

Recalibrate steering wheel zero point
                  Swap front wheels
                  Set up suspension geometry

For those who understand French, see this thread:

http://ds3spirit.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1891
                  Last edited by DaveB; 01-01-2011, 21:19.

Comment

Well the sensors starting working on their own today, so will monitor that. My god does the car need a wash!

Comment

Working...
                    X