Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.6 THP Fuel Economy?

Hey guys!

I knew when I picked the petrol fuel economy wasn't going to be amazing but as my delivery date looms closer I'm worried it's going to drink fuel like it's going out if fashion lol. To be fair I didn't care I just saw the 150BHP and went for it.

I know the diesels are very good but what MPG do you get in real world driving?

Hey
    I drive a 2012 110ehdi and get 54mpg, that's a mix of town and motorway driving, I do have a heavy right foot...
    In the summer goes up to 57 mpg. :-)
    Pound for pound the best car I have ever owned....had much faster cars but nowadays you can hardly use all the performance on our congested roads. Keeps up with the big boys in the mercs and bm's on the motorway at the legal limit :rolleyes:

Comment

Ps good luck with the thp, they sound much better and don't redline at 4k! Lol

Comment

Lol. I was going to order the diesel but insurance was a touch cheaper (no idea why I'm 20) in the THP. The extra power and the insurance sold it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

At 20 go with your heart not your head! Wait til your in your 30's with wife kids n mortgage! Then you will fall into the diesel trap as much more 'sensible'! Great car though...

Comment

Hi F9. I had the THP 150 for 18 month, and have the 155 now
            Fuel economy for a petrol is pretty good TBH IMO. Average about 40mpg in a mix of motorway and town
            Reeeeeeeeally heavy foot usually only takes down to 37mpg mebes 36.

Take it easy and you can get to about 45mpg if its cruise control and motorway
            Havent seen much difference in the THP 150 and the 155

If u r getting considerably lower than this, then there is an issue
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Depending on how heavy footed you are, the THP should get between 25 and 55 mpg. I'm currently averaging around 36mpg over 15000 miles and I tend to be quite heavy footed down the local dual carriageway.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

That's pretty reasonable! Just had news Citroën are building the car on the third! Should have it soon. Yay

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  Depending on how heavy footed you are, the THP should get between 25 and 55 mpg. I'm currently averaging around 36mpg over 15000 miles and I tend to be quite heavy footed down the local dual carriageway.
                  a more heavy foot than me Beef.
                  Never got as low as 25mpg- av a heart attack if got that low. The again, 55mpg never got near, either. Bout 46-48 best for me, very occasionally lol
                  Use premium fuel me, too, Don't know whether that helps or hinders mpg

Ed- and a decent bigger bore exhaust, sports cat so less pressure on turbo/engine
                  First 6000 mile was 39.1mpg, 4500 since, 40.1mpg
                  Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-12-2013, 18:35.
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

I drive in town with hell lot of traffic so I'm 22mpg at avg 11mph.

Comment

1.6 THP Fuel Economy?

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      a more heavy foot than me Beef.
                      Never got as low as 25mpg- av a heart attack if got that low. The again, 55mpg never got near, either. Bout 46-48 best for me, very occasionally lol
                      Use premium fuel me, too, Don't know whether that helps or hinders mpg
                      Yeah, I got 25mpg average over a month when I was only making short (2-3 mile) trips down the dual carriageway, mostly hard accelerating.

The 55mpg was on a 150 mile motorway journey, extremely light foot, not going over 2500rpm, cruise control on 50-70 in 6th. It was more of an experiment on how good it could be. I'm sure it could be higher if I didn't go above 60.

I only use Shell V-Power. Not sure it makes a difference but I don't do enough miles in a year for it to matter.
                      Last edited by BeefMasta; 02-12-2013, 10:37.
                      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I manage to get 75mpg out of my hdi dsport on a 60 mile trip, I was in cruise control between 50-60, needless to say the trip was boring and took forever, im going back to my old ways of getting home as quick as I can haha

Comment

Don't disbelieve you Beef- out of gear, going down a 2 mile stretch on a motorway, can actually attain 999 MPG lol
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi F9aww, I have the THP 155 and I would guess that 95 per cent of my driving is short drives in town.
                            I am managing to average between 35-37 mpg with the occasional heavy foot.
                            Enjoy your car when you get it.

Regards Tbart

Comment

Thanks guys. Really helps! It come come fast enough

Comment

Working...
                              X