Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3-- 1.6 vti 120hp automatic ... anyone ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3-- 1.6 vti 120hp automatic ... anyone ??

Hi,
    I am contemplating to book this model as it is the only automatic (4 speed?)

Any members with this particular model could share their driving experiences (both good / poor)

Does the car drive well / responsive enough thru the gears / mileage et al.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Not sure I've heard of anyone having an automatic on here.

Biggy offered some advice in your last post:

The auto boxes are fine, if a little slow through the gears. This will be the only auto version available on the DS3 as there are no plans to introduce the EGS to the DS3 range.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Last edited by kml; 29-12-2010, 15:13.

Comment

I get alot of messages from new users asking if there will be a semi-auto/paddle shift box offered in the DS3 like there was in the C2.

Not very relevant to the thread, but thought I would add that in!

Comment

I did see the auto gearbox at the motor show here in early december. But the test drive was not possible.

On citroen uk website, you can configure a 1.6 L with 120hp and a 4 speed automatic.

Comment

There is no "L" model I think that you must mean the Dstyle model

Comment

I think he means 1.6 Litre John?

Comment

Could be, personally I think that the 6 speed manual box on the 1.6Hdi 110hp diesel would be a better bet .
                I tried out the 4 speed auto box, and whilst its not bad I still think that the manual boxes are far better

Comment

i have been reading on same topic on the ds3spirit and planetcitroen and it seems that the users / prospects are not very happy with this tranny as it is very old and has it's own flaws. There will be a six speeder auto on the ds4 but whether citroen will put it on the ds3 is still to be seen.

Comment

kmI, did you get the auto and if so whats your opinion?
                    Would also be interested in what MPG you getting ,thanks

Comment

hi jeff
                      i am still waiting for the dealer to call me for a test drive b4 i finalize anything further.
                      btw, i am also looking at the VW golf 1.4L / auto dsg as another option.
                      been thru the mini saga.. now i give it up as the rear seats are no good for use. Citroen has better space as i have sat in the back myself in the show car here. The pricing of the Mini is outrageous in my market here.
                      Last edited by kml; 14-02-2011, 03:50.

Comment

kml are there many DS3's in Thailand?

Comment

hi Sim22,
                          the car was launched at the motor show here in december. There are only 3 of them that came and were sold / delivered <Yellow , white , grey> .
                          I have a booking for the auto version as the traffic in the city here is bad. Never got to test drive it yet and I still do not know the full spec/options that will come for this market. Looks like I am being given time to do more shopping ie why i am leaning more towards the vw golf 1.4 now as the pricing here is in similar range and it has an autobox.
                          Fyi, the prices here for the ds3 auto is about $50k and the thp model is about 55k. A mini One is about 65k.
                          I know it is very cheap in Europe (about half the price)
                          Last edited by kml; 15-02-2011, 10:09.

Comment

Is that in dollars?!?!
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

yep bigfeet.. us$$.
                              Imported cars are well taxed...

Comment

Working...
                              X