Had enough !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had enough !!!

,.After over 6 months of poor fuel economy occasional misfires from my 110 hdi dsport ,i've managed to resolve this extremly frustrating long standing problem! i've ordered its replacement..........................a 150THP dsport.. yes ,after struggling along doing 30-35mpg for the last 6 months and endless trips back to the dealer with no obvious faults found by their laptop diagnostics kit , i simply could'nt take it any longer!
    whats the point in running a diesel if the economy is that poor around town? so after speaking to the general manager at the dealers ,i've part exchanged it against a brand new petrol dsport with the added luxury of leather ,although at a slightly higher monthly fee. but i'm just glad to get my leg out of a car that is definately not running as it should!!!!
    anyone else would have proberbly not bought ANOTHER ds3 but i love the car to bits ,so instead of cutting my losses and buying a mini cooper s ,i'm giving the car another chance because i'm sure i can get slightly better fuel economy than 30mpg around town without a misfire!!:confused:

Dw Man I'm Sure The THP Will Be Right For Ya !

Comment

I'm still getting aound 50mpg from my 1.6Hdi 90hp White, despite hard driving and hours snowbound. I guess you got the Friday 13th car

Comment

My 110 HDi is brilliant on fuel economy....maybe u were just unluckt dude.

But good on you for keeping at it :-)

Comment

god knows what's up with my motor ,what does yours do around town ? it's got to do more than 35mpg surely

Comment

mines doing avg 56mph 90bhp

Comment

thats whats done my nut !!!!!! i was begining to think it was me that had the problem, not the car ! i'm so glad i was born with a spine and did'nt give in to the dealer saying 35mpg is acceptable!

Comment

mine does more than 35 dude. didnt they allow u to swap for another 110 HDi?

Comment

no way isit something is worngdid u take it tu some else yo look at it id be :mad:

Comment

the only reason i bought the diesel before was because of the low road tax and apparrently 52mpg urban economy but having not reached anywhere near that figure in the time i've had it ,and almost all our driving is short rush hour driving ,having a diesel with a particlulate filter on was in my opinion a mistake because my berlingo 1.6hdi returns over 50mpg around town without a filter. i just think that the ds3 was getting clogged up and maybe running too rich because it's not getting hot enough with all the stop start town journeys ! i'm paranoid about owning another 110dsport so that's why i've decided to buy the thp petrol version instead, rightly or wrongly!!

Comment

Modern diesels are just a big bill waiting to happen. The THP is great. If you drive it gently, you'll get mid-40s mpg with no problem. But it's such damned fun when you cane it that you'll find the trade-off in lower mpg well worthwhile.

Comment

45 mpg with my 110 dsport and a bloody electric shock every time i get out !
                        anyone seen my leather seats?

Comment

Working...
                        X