No announcement yet.

ANOTHER fuel consumpsion debate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put 40 profiles on my Bellones (OEM are 45..tadge bigger) )and the speedo was up to 6mph out at some speeds! Confirmed this by using the Sat Nav, after the Kwik fit guys advised me
    Thought it was bull to get me to buy more tyres
    But was up to 6mph out- so different tyres size do make a difference to speedo

As for fuel expenditure info- not sure if that would be accurate as whatever out of spec wheels/tyres you have on, even 12 inch jobs (LOL), the MPG figure is calculated by the ECU calculating how much fuel has been used over a set distance. If that set distance is incorrect due to out of specification wheel size, then it wont be accurate

Unless I am missing something

Non standard tyres wont matter, but non standard size tyres will, if not compensated by an alternative size wheel

IE- 40 profile tyres give accurate readings on an 18inch wheel
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

My local citroen dealer asked me to bring car in today so they could have another look at it picked it up at 5 tonight to find out that they had re downloaded the computer program on to ecu and changed 2 injectors plus a wiring harness they say they have done 90 miles with it today and it averaged 64.3 mpg round town normally I only get 34.5 mpg. I suppose time will tell I did 437 miles which 359 of that was motorway at 60/65 mph before it went in to dealers .
      It only returned 36.7 to gallon according to computer

sent from my galaxy note 3 using Tapatalk
      http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
      2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
      DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        Put 40 profiles on my Bellones (OEM are 45..tadge bigger) )and the speedo was up to 6mph out at some speeds! Confirmed this by using the Sat Nav, after the Kwik fit guys advised me
        Thought it was bull to get me to buy more tyres
        But was up to 6mph out- so different tyres size do make a difference to speedo

As for fuel expenditure info- not sure if that would be accurate as whatever out of spec wheels/tyres you have on, even 12 inch jobs (LOL), the MPG figure is calculated by the ECU calculating how much fuel has been used over a set distance. If that set distance is incorrect due to out of specification wheel size, then it wont be accurate

Unless I am missing something

Non standard tyres wont matter, but non standard size tyres will, if not compensated by an alternative size wheel

IE- 40 profile tyres give accurate readings on an 18inch wheel
        I know all that I've put 16 inch wheels and tyres on car .
        the wheels are smaller but tyres are larger profile the tyres I have on are the same size has ds3 that have 16 inch tyres fitted has standard and they have exactly the same rolling radius has the 17 inch bellone wheels and tyres fitted has standard citroen did not say any thing about wheels/ tyres today other than that they did not recognize dunlop winter tyres has conforming tyres to there originals ie Bridgestone / Michelin / Goodyear .

sent from my galaxy note 3 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by MARK.A; 13-01-2014, 19:39.
        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Working...
        X