Anyone got £30K spare?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/ne...cing-confirmed

Lets hope there not using a engine made of chocolate in this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
      Lets hope there not using a engine made of chocolate in this one
      From the article:

The car will be powered by the same 1.6-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine as the DS3 Racing hatchback, putting out 207bhp
      Any buyers will have to hope that Citroen have fixed any issues
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        From the article:

Any buyers will have to hope that Citroen have fixed any issues
        Looks like Cadbury's are still making the engine then !!!!!
        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

If it has the revisions made to the THP 155 it might be fine, Chris_Blue has noted several times that this engine is more reliable.
          sigpic

Comment

I suppose time will tell let's hope citroen have got there act together , would like to get one for the wife but engine reliability has put us off may just have to order a 1.6 diesel . To replace her mini convertible .
            http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
            2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
            DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Coming next year and there will only be around 10-20 unit allocated to the UK.
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                If it has the revisions made to the THP 155 it might be fine, Chris_Blue has noted several times that this engine is more reliable.
                The THP 155 seems to not have the same kamikaze issues that a small proportion of the 150 seemed to have (Timing chain/tensioner and loss of power primarily)
                The Racing engine had production ceased early 2011, and percentage wise it had a few more issues as whilst it was still the same base unit, there were lots of upgrades on it to produce over 200 BHP as opposed to 154bhp, which seemed to make the engine suffer more than any other. Again, in relation to those built, probably only a small proportion, but they still cease production of the Racing model.

Have mentioned on other threads that surely they must have revised some of the layouts, and resolved some of the issues if they put a Racing engine in the Cabriolet

For instance- the Peugeot unit has the PCV pipe layout built into the engine, so cant be removed

It will be good to see the engine in the Cabriolet
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by solent60 View Post
                  £25k and id have a punt.

Comment

Reckon you would get it for £25k. The last Racings were on forecourt for £25250 and went all the way down to £21500 over an 8 week period for me.
                    Then again they were clearing the stock out.
                    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 19-12-2013, 10:17. Reason: spell
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Reckon you would get it for £25k. The last Racings were on forecourt for £25250 and went all the way down to £21500 over an 8 week period for me.
                      Then again they were clearing the stock out.
                      Fully kitted out? I don't like option lists with unticked boxes

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        Fully kitted out? I don't like option lists with unticked boxes
                        Cant see why not- lets face it they never get what its on the forecourt for.....do they
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by solent60 View Post
                          £30K.......No thanks,more than happy with my wife's 'belled and whistled' ex demo DSport Cabrio which cost us rather less!
                          May have to wait a while though, for the topless driving.(Roof not wife!)

Comment

No thanks stick with my Racing
                            DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Be nice to have a good look at the engine tho ds3r eh?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X