real world mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• real world mpg

Hi still debating which ds3 to get. I have a 120vti getting on average 30 - 35 mpg. What do people get from the hdi 90 version, and do they find it has enough power when they need and are there any flat spots? all info appreciated, need to decide this week. Driven the 115 diesel and liked it but will cost more but they did not ahev a 90 to drive.

Hi I'm getting more than that out of my Racing
    DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

I get no less than 35 from my THP 1.6 Dsport Plus - you wouldn't think but it's better fuel economy than my previous VTi, less effort needed to get up to motorway speeds, etc. having owned a DS3 VTi and a THP I'd say definitely go for the 1.6 THP

How many miles do you do per annum? And what kind of driving? May not warrant owning a diesel see...

Comment

Yes I had a vti before my Racing
        DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Town driving anything between 27-30mpg and long run driving 45 mpg and thats a 120vti automatic

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i'm getting about 35/37 around town and 45+ on motorway but still running car in its a 120vti, only got 550 miles on clock so could improve.

Comment

I'm averaging 48mpg atm in my DStyle+ e-Hdi mainly on lessons.

It has a bit of poke, but I hate the flat spots, gotta rev the nuts off it to pull away quickly :O
              BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

In the 3000 miles I've done in my DS3 Sport+ THP, I average about 38 with a fair mix of urban and motorway

Comment

Mines dropped off a bit at the moment due to the winter weather apparently. Was averaging 58mpg (ac on all the time) now getting around 53 mpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
                    Hi still debating which ds3 to get. I have a 120vti getting on average 30 - 35 mpg. What do people get from the hdi 90 version, and do they find it has enough power when they need and are there any flat spots? all info appreciated, need to decide this week. Driven the 115 diesel and liked it but will cost more but they did not ahev a 90 to drive.
                    The wife bought a Hdi90 the computer shows 57+, the mileage on full tank/full tank comes back at 60mpg, normal running about,very little motorway

Comment

thanks for comments so far. I am doing about 12000 mles per year, but 70% on the motorway, and so think that the 90 diesel may give better mpg and performance in those conditions. Sash, really interested in your experience, had a corsa 1.3 turbo diesel and there were times it was quite scary, and to keep the performance on song you had to drive it like a boy racer which may negate against better mpg in theory. The 115 seems a good bet but quoted at £60 per month more on a pcp, and if the racing is better consumpotion than my vti it seems I am definately doing something wrong!!!!

Comment

My guess would be the 115 eHDi DSport would be better for mpg since it has a 6th gear for motorway driving. My 155 Dsport plus has averaged 37.1 over 5500 miles. 2/3rds of that is town driving.
                        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

I get a minimum of 54mpg from my 110 E Hdi Airdream DSport Plus with highs of 68mpg. Plenty of poke too:-D
                          Mainly motorway but at rush hour it's just like town driving (stop/start)

Comment

There have been times where the lag when pulling out of junctions quickly has nearly resulted in a rear end collision, it's caught my OH out at times too!
                            Unless you're darn quick about getting the revs up i.e dip clutch and rev away and getting moving it does make you look like a tit!
                            BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Oh That's not good, I don't have lag issues with the 115 eHDi, has your dealer checked and confirmed that all is ok with yours Sash ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X