No announcement yet.

real world mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The lag when setting off from a standstill is horrific. But compared to a ford transit it's not bad. I often just dip the throttle or hold the rpm at 1400 before setting off quickly (ie onto a roundabout)
    You get used to it though..

Comment

Originally posted by MadMan0 View Post
      The lag when setting off from a standstill is horrific. But compared to a ford transit it's not bad. I often just dip the throttle or hold the rpm at 1400 before setting off quickly (ie onto a roundabout)
      You get used to it though..
      ^This! I'm pretty sure it's normal behaviour and have just adapted my driving accordingly. Would be interesting to drive a 115 to see the difference.
      BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulie View Post
        thanks for comments so far. I am doing about 12000 mles per year, but 70% on the motorway, and so think that the 90 diesel may give better mpg and performance in those conditions. Sash, really interested in your experience, had a corsa 1.3 turbo diesel and there were times it was quite scary, and to keep the performance on song you had to drive it like a boy racer which may negate against better mpg in theory. The 115 seems a good bet but quoted at £60 per month more on a pcp, and if the racing is better consumpotion than my vti it seems I am definately doing something wrong!!!!
        I have the 90 and do about the same mileage as you, I get about 58 MPG and I usually sit at about 80-85 on the motorway, however obviously at 8am on the way into Manchester on a Monday it is stop start most of the way, so it's pretty reasonable. Was just about to look into the 115 for the 6th gear thinking it might return even better.

Comment

I have a HDi 110 and have the same problem with lag! Does my loaf in!

Anyways I seem to be getting an average of 47mpg with short drives and 58+mpg with longer drives

Comment

Originally posted by Sash View Post
            There have been times where the lag when pulling out of junctions quickly has nearly resulted in a rear end collision, it's caught my OH out at times too!
            Unless you're darn quick about getting the revs up i.e dip clutch and rev away and getting moving it does make you look like a tit!
            this is useful to know

Comment

Originally posted by GlennM View Post
              I have a HDi 110 and have the same problem with lag! Does my loaf in!

Anyways I seem to be getting an average of 47mpg with short drives and 58+mpg with longer drives
              I must be heavy footed then as I never have any issues at traffic light grand prix's or pulling out at junctions.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                I must be heavy footed then as I never have any issues at traffic light grand prix's or pulling out at junctions.....
                Haha i never have bother at traffic light grand prix's... just when im calmly driving around

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

so what is every one getting on the thp 155 petrol version as i had a diesel but i am going to petrol for a change to see how i get on

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy88 View Post
                    so what is every one getting on the thp 155 petrol version as i had a diesel but i am going to petrol for a change to see how i get on
                    According to Fuelly I'm averaging 35.5 mpg in my THP since I got it in June 2012. I've had it as low as 25 and as high as 55, depending on the journey and how heavy footed I am.

Last edited by BeefMasta; 29-01-2014, 10:09.
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

My first 6000 odd miles in the 155 was 39.1 according to the display
                      The next 6000 miles odd are running at round 40.3
                      Not sure how accurate the dash display is

Less restrictive exhaust, premium fuel and probably a slightly lighter foot as time goes by.
                      Usually a 50:50 split town and motorway type driving
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Until Saturday evening my 120VTi's trip computer was showing 26.6 mpg since the last fill-up, at an average speed of 7 mph over 70 miles! The reason for that is that all it had done was short, a mile or so, trips from a cold start. A 90-mile round trip on Saturday, mostly motorway, has got it up to a more respectable 32-ish.

(Overall, it's doing around 39 - my usage is around 65% motorway, & I don't drive with economy in mind!)

Comment

dear all. thanks for all the comments. Thought for financial reasons (work mileage) that I would opt for a diesel, and hope to see at least 30% improvement in costs. Did not want to like the hdi90 to justify the purchase of a 115. However, the difference between the vti and the 90 seemed minimal considering the savings and cheaper to buy. However, I have decided to treat myself to a metallic and have gone for the ink blue and black roof, hope it will look the bizz even if it is a sheep in wolf's clothing. At the end of the day after a crap day at work it will be nice to look at a nice car and think it is worth going to work, even if i then drive home very economically!!!

Thanks again

Paulie

Comment

Nice one, look forward to seeing the pics
                            sigpic

Comment

Sounds nice Paulie, can't wait to see the pictures. Not seen an ink blue with black roof yet! And there's nothing better than getting in your DS3 after a rubbish day at work

Comment

Working...
                              X