time to say almost good bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time to say almost good bye

Hi All i am about to sell my beloved ds3 dstyle plus Bright side is i am getting the dsport plus thp lol

Nice one Dannyboy. Enjoy the new motor
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

cheers its a big step going back to petrol lol i think my wallet going to hate me lol

Comment

As suggested in other threads, you should average 40mpg if you do a bit of both motorway and town driving. So only a little dink in the wallet
        Good quality fuel gets better mpg, but then it costs more. Better for the engine too
        You will notice the difference in the engines' reactions
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

i was thinking of filling up on shells nitro plus just to keep the car engine clean on the inside its not much that i was paying for the diesel version to be fair but i was only getting 50 mpg

Comment

A lot go for the SHELL Nitro. used to be V-Power i think
            When i had some modding work done couple years ago, they recommended SHELL Nitro saying "All the lads at Santa pod use it" which i took meaning good for performance
            You also have Tesco Momentum 99 RON which was advised "Bulked up with ethanol" understanding that, that wasnt helpful
            And then you have BP, Texaco, TOTAL and all those- so long as its super unleaded, try any of them
            Personal preference in the end
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

See where i am its morrisons, Shell Asda or esso not a good choice really

Comment

Shells is pretty good stuff, but would checkout the reviews on the super unleaded with Esso, and pricepoint
                Wouldnt touch supermarket stuff, (Especially in a new to you car) but theres loads debate on here about that
                I always stick to one fuel too. In 12400 miles think mine has had only one type fuel
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

thats it i tried different fuel and found morrions was working for me untill my fuel filter had to be replaced so i stopped with shell nitro just for the cleaning side to keep it going

Comment

Great news, you'll love it! I recommend Shell V-Power Nitro+ too, I've always used it
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

beef masta whats yours like on fuel is it bad or decent like?

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy88 View Post
                        beef masta whats yours like on fuel is it bad or decent like?
                        Completely depends on how heavy footed I am. I've had it as low as 25 mpg (lots of short trips up and down the dual carriageway) and as high as 55 mpg (driving like a granny on a long journey).

I use Fuelly to keep track of it, currently averaging:
                        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

cheers bud see most of mine is dual carrage way with a small amount of town driving like

Comment

Originally posted by dannyboy88 View Post
                            cheers bud see most of mine is dual carrage way with a small amount of town driving like
                            You can easily get 40mpg average, once you're up to speed on the dual carriageway, leave it in 6th and you're all good
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

cheers will do like i am excited like as i allways had diesels so i get to feel real power soon lol

Comment

Working...
                              X