Day One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day One

So it's February, your new year's resolution has probably gone down the pan already and you're left wondering where the year is going.
    Never fear, here's a thread to put a smile back on your face.

Think back to day one with your DS3, what did you do with your car? Share your stories here.

To get the ball rolling here's mine.

It was a bit of a mad rush through the London traffic in my old C1 to the dealership but I managed to get there 45 minutes before they shut. I was with a couple of my mates and the very first thing I did was play Buck Rogers by Feeder pretty loud as I pulled out of the dealership . We then took it down the A2 back to the island it first landed on from France, the Isle of Sheppey. I was really impressed with it on day one, especially with the ease it got over the Sheppey Crossing. I remember in my old C1 being at full throttle and watching the needle slowly dropping down from 70 as I climbed. None of that in my DS3.

Anyway that's my day one story, what's yours?

My day one- they did the old pull the sheet of the car in the showroom, for me and the mrs. great fun. Showroom top man came out shook my hand all that, then drove straight to the BP Fuel station, to fill up. Was 7 miles on the clock.

Before i pulled away the dealer took the aerial off and replaced with the one I had on my 150 that I part exed- which was handy cos my aerial was £20 chrome LOL

Straight ip to Devils Dyke, Sussex, on a sunny day, clear blue sky, to take some photos, then straight home. Swapped the wheels with me Team Dynamics and painted the calipers RED. All before the end of day 1. Magnifico
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

My day one story is pretty boring, I picked it up right before I went to work (the dealership is 2 units next to where I work) Finished the late shift and went home to bed, but the day I ordered it is a better story

Order Date - I'm trundling down the M65 in my c1 on the way to college for the last time ever, its results day and I find out if 4 years of hard work (and some messing about) has resulting in me passing my apprenticeship. I get there, and i'm 10 minutes late as usual but fortunately a couple of friends have saved me a space near the front of the queue. The official looking lady hands me an envelope with my name on and i'm nervous at this point, very very nervous...4 years is a long time to throw away. I take myself off to one side and open this envelope slowly, pulling out the contents to see that I have indeed passed (albeit barely, told you i messed about a bit) and felt very relieved. Rung my boss to let him know that I'd passed and then jumped in the car to go home. On the way back home I have to call in at work to get my certificate scanned so personnel have a copy and as i'm leaving work I make a decision that I look back on with joy...I pull in to the dealership in my red c1, walk over to my usual sales guy and say "Morning Alan, i'm fully qualified now so whats the chances of me taking that white DS3 out of here and you replacing it with my C1?" (The only DS3 left in the dealership, was in the showroom not on the forecourt) what felt like forever later, i'm heading home with the paperwork signed on the passenger seat of my C1 and a pickup date of 3 days later. Shame it only lasted 18 months but i'm happier with my Ink Blue now, I dont feel the need to clean it every night after work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
        My day one- they did the old pull the sheet of the car in the showroom, for me and the mrs. great fun.
        Didn't think they still did the whole pulling the sheet off thing! When I picked up mine it was just sitting in the disabled parking bay outside the dealer (not that I'm complaining).

Amazing how much you got done on your first day though!

Chris_PolarWhite congratulations on your results! Bet you're also glad to have left your C1 behind! I know what you mean about the white too. I found this image on the internet that pretty much sums up how I feel about the white 6 months on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-01-19 16.00.08.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	356382

Comment

Like Chris_PolarWhite, my ordering story is a bit better than my pick up story - I picked it up after work almost two weeks ago, came home, had dinner, went to Tesco in the next town, came home and went to bed. Haha.

But the day I ordered it (which was only two and a half weeks ago!!) I went car shopping with a friend, and was literally only going to LOOK and narrow down my options, cos I had a list as long as my arm of cars I liked the look of (though I said to him on the way there that I thought I would probably end up with a Fiesta or a DS3) and I had finance on my 207 till October this year. We went to the Ford garage cos he was after a Focus, and I test drove a Fiesta. Wasn't overly keen.

We decided to see what else was at the motor park, and drove up to Renault with the view of me having a look at a Clio. As we drove onto the forecourt, I spotted a black DS3 with a white roof and made a mental note to go look at it. As I got out my friend's car, I spotted the pink roof, squealed and made a beeline for what is now my car (my friend was still mid-sentence, getting out his car at this point!!) The salesman came over and we found out the car had only been delivered to them that day, so hadn't been cleaned, checked etc. but he let us test drive it anyway, and I fell in love. Despite me haggling them down over £100 a month on the finance, they couldn't get the numbers to work for me, so I walked away and resigned myself to not having the beautiful black DS3 with a pink roof. They rang me the next day and I managed to get them to do me a deal on it within my budget, I paid the deposit over the phone on the Sunday, did a little happy-dance around my room, sent my friend an excited text... then picked the car up on the Thursday of that week!
          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

That was exactly how I felt about the white RichardL. I loved my c1 was like owning a go kart but decided for something classier to go with my 'qualified' status haha. Love the ink blue...a coat of wax and I can literally rinse the dirt off for 2 months following....need to tidy the inside before my twin subs arrive though haha

Comment

Pickup stories are over rated haha.....ordering is always the best part Kat...I threw my c1 into every turn after ordering the DS3...don't miss it at all now I'm on my 2nd ds3.

Comment

Working...
              X