X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member needs help

Hello everyone ..

I'm going to replace my c2 vts with a ds3 hdi 110 2012
    getting it next week ...awsome car ...BUT !!!

Here,s the problem ...my old car has complete pioneer unit with all speakers and a active sub in the trunk
    and i wanted to transfer it to the new car ..but dealer teels me that this will cause problems with the oem display area ..
    i told him there must be a way to fix this and told him that i wanted to ask you guys about this ...

Hope you can help an upcoming member ....thanks again ..

The pioneer unit is a 2013 model with bluetooch

It probably won't display the track or radio station, nor will the fingertip controls work (if you have them) I shouldn't see why the rest of the computer bits and bobs won't work...

Sure someone on here will be along to clarify!
    BumbleBee OneTwenteeee!

Comment

Are you transferring the Pioneer head unit across too or just the sub ?

If it's the lot, then as long as the unit is compatible with the DS3 then it'll work no problem. You wont be able to access all of the usual display options on the DS3 but whether that'll bother you I'm not sure. If you're getting the DSport thought the upgraded Hi-Fi ( which comes as standard ) is pretty good. You could hard-wire the active sub in.

Comment

As it has been mentioned if you change out the radio you will no longer be able to access the in car menu, the radio stalk, the USB socket or the Bluetooth.

Unless you really, really have to have this Pioneer in the car I would go with the standard setup and take it from there.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

re need help

Hello again ..

the pioneer unit has bluetoch and really good sound ..and i wanted to add the active sub as i had in my old car
          but the problem is the parking sensor and the other stuff that display on the dashboard ...

will these things be affected if i unistall the stock using and mount pioneer unit pioneer speakers in the doors
          and finally the sub ...it was a lot of money for the system so its a shame if i can't transfer it ...
          but yet again ...if the car dossent work then i will quit the idea. .

Note is there a sub out on the stock radio unit ...Hifi version but not sat nav. .

the car is the hdi 110 sport version 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Samson View Post
            Note is there a sub out on the stock radio unit ...Hifi version but not sat nav. .
            If you have the HiFi system then the car all ready has a subwoofer behind the right hand side panel in the boot.
            Originally posted by cyclone
            It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
            Originally posted by Broda
            I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Working...
            X