My 1st TrackDay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st TrackDay

I recently had my first track day with my ds3 thp.
    It was my first visit to the track, it was a short track with a 800m straight with a mix of open and twisty turns
    also I would say I am a novice track driver, so I didn't risk having the ESP turned off
    The car really felt poised, very direct , I also found the ESP really helpful although it was working a bit of overtime during 90degree turns but I found it helpful instead of delaying me around the track
    also the low rpm torque of the car really helped me accelerate fast out of corners
    My biggest smile at the end of the trackday were the 2 mazda mx5 (2.0) drivers and also the BMW 320i coupe driver that they 've done between 2-4seconds slower time than mine and they didn't believe me that it was a standard car with out anything being changed.

Great fun, my only comment was that I found the brakes a bit weak after 3 laps, and also I could hear a fan in the engine working, I am not sure if it was the intercooler or the radiator fan but it was a sunny day

Well worth buying my thp

Nice one Eagle. Yep- great fun. It whetted your appetite to do more?
    Did 3, 20 min seshs last year, want to do more this. Brakes get well squidgy when theyre hot.
    In fact you think they aint gonna work LOL
    Last edited by Chris_Blue; 02-02-2014, 20:42. Reason: comma insert
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

You know the feeling Chris then I was worried when the brake pedal kept going lower before the brakes 'bite' , I did two sessions of 15 minutes
      Maybe we will need to look for better /performance brake pads ?

Comment

Yes- that feeling can be quite worrying. Sometimes for a split second they dont work at all.... well that what it feels like
        There are threads on here about brake upgrades.
        Slotted, drilled and grooved discs (Get cooler quicker) are the thing- and several brake pads better than OEM talked about on here
        Was gonna upgrade straight away- but the car was quite new with new brakes, and did not expect to do many track sessions

So will wait until the brakes need replacing, as they are good for road use, and try and hold my nerve with track days- ha.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Hi glad you had a good time on track should be no timing on track days if some one gets caught timing they are told not too or ask to leave .
          DS3 RACING | SUPERCHIPPED 233bhp/321nm | ITG INDUCTION

sigpic

Comment

Just booked Brands Hatch for a spin round myself. Bit of instructoring this time too
            Happy days
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Had the same braking problems after a lap on the Nordschleife this summer. Almost rear ended someone when I left the track! :s I want to go back this spring, but I'm thinking to upgrade the brakes first..

Comment

Given the experiences here seems like a disc/pads upgrade is the sensible way to go if you're into track days
                sigpic

Comment

Its certainly on my list, but as OEM are pretty good for road use, rather get my moneys worth from then first
                  Soon as theyre worn, on goes the slotted and drilled
                  sigpic
                  Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                  X