Loss of back end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
    You wanna feel the steering over 100mph...can be like its almost as its driving on ice. Move the steering wheel, car dont change direction
    Can be scary, especially in the wet. Prompted me to change tyres from my Nangkangs I had at the time
    Yea mate i found this also the steering is a bit vague at this sort of speed

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The car is more stable at high speed after it has been lowered.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by cyclone View Post
        The car is more stable at high speed after it has been lowered.
        Hoping to find this out in the Spring :-)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
          You wanna feel the steering over 100mph...can be like its almost as its driving on ice. Move the steering wheel, car dont change direction
          Can be scary, especially in the wet. Prompted me to change tyres from my Nangkangs I had at the time
          Well that's why - you were running cheap tyres.

Tyres are the most important thing you don't skimp on and they're essentially the only things holding you to the road !

Interesting little fact, on your standard hatchback the contact patch areas for all 4 tyres is small enough to fit on an A4 piece of paper...

Comment

Can't wait to get mine
            Your never to old to be car mad :;)

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              Well that's why - you were running cheap tyres.

Tyres are the most important thing you don't skimp on and they're essentially the only things holding you to the road !
              Sure- It probably didnt help- but have had the same sensation in the dry with the Bridgestones, and a few others on here will agree
              No doubt I will give it a good on the Michelin Pilot Sports in couple months time
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Ive never had a problem with the bridgestones in the wet or dry ok if you push it then the front will break away. I suppose i really wont see how bad they are until they need changed and i upgrade them to something better

Mark

Comment

What tyres are on the car when bought brand new. It will be interesting, I get my car on the 26th of march DS3 155 Sport plus. I'm an ex rally driver who likes to get cars on the very limit with the traction control off. I will report on what I think
                  Your never to old to be car mad :;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mickyjeff View Post
                    What tyres are on the car when bought brand new. It will be interesting, I get my car on the 26th of march DS3 155 Sport plus. I'm an ex rally driver who likes to get cars on the very limit with the traction control off. I will report on what I think
                    The ds comes from factory with bridgestones mate tbh i think there good but only time will tell when i change to a different brand

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky ds3 View Post
                      The ds comes from factory with bridgestones
                      Only if you have 17" wheels. Cars with 16" wheels have Michelin Energy Savers (well, mine did!).

I must admit that I had some misgivings about the Energy Savers, as they are not exactly the "sportiest" tyre on the market, but I've been pleasantly surprised as to how well they grip. Long lasting too - looks like mine are going to be good for 40,000 miles!

As far as handling's concerned, to me the DS3 has the same feel as my Peugeot 405SRi did. Take a bend briskly & you can feel all four wheels working; I suspect that there may also be enough lift-off oversteer to make it interesting!

(As an aside, I can confirm that Energy Savers can handle 302 BHP & rear wheel drive driven er . . . aggressively! http://xtremesportsphotography.photo...o=1248&pc=1750)
                      Last edited by DaveB; 17-02-2014, 09:42.

Comment

Erm not true, my DSport+ came with Michelin Pilot Exalto's on both cars !
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                          Erm not true, my DSport+ came with Michelin Pilot Exalto's on both cars !
                          My DStyle+ came with Michelin Pilot Exalto's too

Comment

I guess they just stick on what every they have laying about then guys

Mark

Comment

I really like the Michelin's, great tyres in all conditions
                              sigpic

Comment

^ Agree. But not the Exalto's for me.
                                sigpic
                                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                                X