Throttle pedal sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle pedal sticking

Has anyone had this happen to them, all of a sudden today when I pressed the accelerator all the way down, it stuck just before it reached the floor & I had to press slightly harder on the pedal.

No other problems & it doesnt stay in that position when you take your foot off the pedal, it just seems to be catching on something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like the resistance you're feeling is part of the speed limiter. When the speed limiter is engaged, up have to push through the resistance to go faster than the limit that's been set.

Either that or you need to adjust the floor mat
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Ah that could be it, I'd set it at around 70mph so that would make sense, hope thats it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

100% the limiter override

Comment

As Zack says it the override switch for the speed limiter.

Sent from somewhere out there...
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

This sticking throttle has happened to me on a number of occasions, once when I pulled out to overtake a slower car on a wide open and otherwise empty 'B' road, the throttle peddle stuck on the floor and revved it proverbial knackers off, I was pretty shocked as this has never happened before in any previous motors in 23 years of driving. Then on a motorway just a few days ago it stuck again and I had to thump it a few times to release it (I was probably doing about 55-60mph at the time) in heavy traffic it seriously wasn't funny, it's going in to the dealership first chance I get, and if it doesn't kill some less responsive drivers i'll be amazed.

P.s I'm 100% sure I had no speed limiter on, I only use that in the city if there's lots of cameras around.

Comment

Working...
            X