Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its called physical robustness Chris

Comment

When my DS3 was written off the insurance Co told me where it was being stored and I drove over to it and picked up the bits I wanted off the car. Granted it wasn't discs and pads but the salvage yard didn't seem to care a jot about what I took away
      sigpic

Comment

The guilty party's Insurance company want to use DWS Bodyworks, anybody had any dealing with them.
        http://www.dws-bodyworks.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
          When my DS3 was written off the insurance Co told me where it was being stored and I drove over to it and picked up the bits I wanted off the car. Granted it wasn't discs and pads but the salvage yard didn't seem to care a jot about what I took away
          Once the insurance company has come out and evaluated the car I don't think they are bothered what you take off it as long as it's okay with the company that's holding it.
          :ds3:The Parts Advisor:ds3:
          Partsworld-UK.com
          Email
          Call: 01246 268896
          We're also dealers for Alfa, Fiat, Abarth, Hyundai, Seat, Suzuki and Volvo
          *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Fuck

Glad your ok mate. Never good to see a ds in this shape

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com View Post
              Once the insurance company has come out and evaluated the car I don't think they are bothered what you take off it as long as it's okay with the company that's holding it.
              Thanks Aidan,

Comment

Nice to see that you are okay SFG! I wouldn't think it would be a write off even though it will cost a fair few bob + painting. I have uploaded a typical picture of the break down of the rear of the DS3 for you...
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Bootlid DS3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	356405
                Click image for larger version

Name:	rear bumper DS3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	356406
                + lock and badges

I think it's safe to say that the beam isn't welded.
                Last edited by Aidan@Partsworld-uk.com; 18-02-2014, 13:12.
                Partsworld-UK.com
                Email
                *Please take a minute to write a quick review under your items on Partsworld-UK.com and also on Facebook*

Comment

Sorry to hear about this

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
                  Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                  Take a pride in your ride
                  @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Thanks Gents

@Aidan, just want to make sure they don't try to patch something up which is actually broken, certainly as I wont be here when the car is returned.

Comment

Ouch, sorry to see this. hope the damage is not as bad as it looks and the cosmetics can be replaced and resprayed. Good luck!
                      Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                        The guilty party's Insurance company want to use DWS Bodyworks, anybody had any dealing with them.
                        If you're happy with them, OK, but you have the right to choose your own repairer. As to whether or not it's a write-off, that will depend on repair costs versus market value. Looking at your photo it may not be as bad as it looks at first glance - it doesn't appear to have damaged the rear side panel.

Glad you're OK . . . get your whiplash claim in! (Only joking!)

Comment

Crap, sorry to see your car in that condition SFG, glad your ok
                          DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                          Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                            If you're happy with them, OK, but you have the right to choose your own repairer. As to whether or not it's a write-off, that will depend on repair costs versus market value. Looking at your photo it may not be as bad as it looks at first glance - it doesn't appear to have damaged the rear side panel.

Glad you're OK . . . get your whiplash claim in! (Only joking!)
                            ...True, you can also ask for an invoice copy of the repairs done that they send to the insurance company (might be a good idea to get the insurance company to send it). If anything is not done properly or should have been replaced in the result of the accident then at least you can back it up if needs be.
                            End of the day if it is done through the insurance company then the repairer should replace and fix the damage back to it's genuine factory fit and any other mods that is declared.
                            Partsworld-UK.com
                            Email

Comment

Ouch, sorry to hear bud...

Looks very similar to the rear of mine when it was written off... All-beit I had front-end damage aswell, and was deemed a constructive write-off...

Comment

Hope your ok fella, I would say its a write off and if it was my motor that's what I would be hoping for looking at that

again hope your ok as that's the main thing, car can be replaced

Comment

Working...
                                X