Advice on damage to front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on damage to front end

Was driving along motorway today when the car in front went over a piece of 2mm plywood or similar - it reaered up in front of me and i ploughed into it at around 65mph. Needless to say i shit myself at the time not know what sort of wood it was i expected it to plough straight through the windscreen.

Anyway damage wise it could be worse, the black hex shaped grill at the front is smashed and the chrome surround is split too.

My insurance has a stupid excess of £350 so i wondered how much these parts would cost to replace myself and whether it was a fairly simple task - i'm fairly handy with a spanner so if its cheaper to do myself then i will do so.

Typical as the car is leased and goes back next month!

Send a PM to Aidan, he should be able to price up the bits you need.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Front bumper comes off easy if you need for changing the parts. Just go to the forge web site and look at the directions for installing their intercooler http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/media/DS3int.pdf
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

PM sent to Aidan.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-DS...-/301100615839 any good to ya
          e-hdi 90 dsytle all white with ashera's and lonely citroen graphic's and club decals sigpic NCC-1701-C THE ENTERPRISE being rehomed
          Soon to have a Prestige 130 SS in arctic steel metallic with emerald mettalic roof and grey aphrodite wheels

Comment

Although i only need part of that front end might be worth buying it and stripping the parts i need.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mark, if you need any more advice pop me a PM.
              Sandall Car Care
              Email: Contact@sandallcarcare.co.uk
              Call: 0130 288 6049

Comment

Ordered the required parts from Aidan - should be fairly easy job to replace.

Just ordered the replacement car today as well - will miss the DS3 though.

Comment

Working...
                X