Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DS3 Owner with a problem

Good evening All.

A newbie on here and wondered if anyone could stear me in the right direction with a problem.

Today i've traded in my JCW mini and bought a DS3 for the wife, in honesty i was really not sure about this after spending hours upon hours cleaning the mini for shows etc, but hey!

I've bought a DS3 1.6 THP 155bhp D sport in yellow!. It's 3 years old and believe it or not it only has 1142 miles on the clock! It was registered as a motibilty vehilcle and has not been driven. Is that a good thing i ask?, Hmm i'm not so sure.

After picking it up tonight and travelling about 10 miles the service light comes on:mad: Engine fault needs repair is displayed. I;m sure this has been on the forum a few times but thought i would ask first hand if the owner can rectify this.

The car is going back to the garage tomorrow, i don't want to start shouting and asking for my mini back yet but thought i would run this by you.

Many Thanks in advance.
    Andy

The car is going back into the garage tomorrow,

What fault codes should i be aware of?. i'm going to as the garage tomorrow for the codes from the EMS, mainly so i have these on record.
    It's a crying shame my wife has been badgering me for one of these for ages, ive always said no chance it's a Citreon but in fairness it's quite a nice car i've just ended up with a faulty one!!.

Thanks.

Comment

Any change to the performance when the light came on? I had exactly the same with mine, just bought it, heading onto the highway, gave it a bit and the light came on. Turned out when they did the roadworthy check (MOT??? for you guys in the UK) some monkey had knocked one of the intercooler hoses partially off. Fault shown was turbo pressure fault. Hopefully you have an equally simple fix.
      Last edited by tch; 05-03-2014, 00:49.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Whittle1000, I'm sure one of the THP owners will be along shortly with some advice, in the meantime you could have a quick look at the 'Similar Threads' at the bottom of the page to see if any of those are similar to your issue Good luck
        sigpic

Comment

Many Thanks All.

Yes, i noticed that it felt like a misfire.

I've called the AA out this morning before i took it to the garage. In honesty i wanted to see what fault codes if any came up before i took it.
          Knowing garages it's quite easy to clear faults.

A fault has come up relating to the Knock sensor?. The i believe restricts fuel so explains the missing.

I'm not too sure on the outcome yet,

Thanks everyone for your input.

Andy

Comment

Welcome to the forum Whittle
            For your own records if you are not already doing so, from other members experiences with their DS3, LOG EVERYTHING every problem, every time you take it to citreon, date, time, what they did, & if you can, what explination they give as all this info could help you JUST INCASE & i strongly emphisise JUST INCASE you need to take a more serious action with your car

How much warranty did they give you on your 3year old DS3?
            http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
            :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

Many Thanks,

Great advice, i will indeed make a log.

The garage gave me 3 months warranty but i have taken out a 3 year extended warranty.
              I'm able to take this into any Citroen dealer or vat registered garage.

Sometimes these warranties don;t cover everything but it does cover all of the engine etc,

An update on the car, they have found the fault. Its is the knock sensor and after investigation is was not fitted correctly, loose.

I hope that's the first and last problem i have.

Thanks again.

Comment

Good news !!
                sigpic

Comment

Great news Whittle glad to hear it hopefully your first & last problem you will ever have with your little chick :Joni:
                  http://www.ds3club.co.uk/attachment....4&d=1420569803
                  :rolleyes: Too Good For Heaven & Too Bad For Hell :mad:

sigpic

Comment

given the lack of use and presumably servicing, has it had the software update which stopped my 10 plate misbehaving every so often?
                    Bog standard 2010 DSport THP150, 1973 Clan Crusader, 2003 Harley Davidson Softail, 2007 Vespa 250GTS, 2011 Peugeot Boxer campervan ,a few push bikes, and one eMTB

Comment

1142 miles from new on a 3 year old motor- would have snapped that up if hadnt got a DS3 already
                      Sounds a good deal. I mean it can hardly have carbonised inlet valves eh
                      Nice long few hundred mile run should clean the cobwebs from the pistons
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Thanks all for the support much appreciated.

Everythings okay now, and like you say Chris a good run i think is in order, with 1142 miles i was totally amazed.

I don't believe it's had any software upgrades but i will see how things go and look to have it done.

Thanks again.

Comment

You can log on to the Citroen recall update site and checkout via your reg if there is a recall outstanding (ECU Upgrade etc) - cant remember the site name. Sorry.
                          Have a look, see what you find- if you cant find anything i'll have a look at my emails

Hey-hey. 1st time Ive cut and pasted a link LOL

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....en+recall+site
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Try this-

http://www.citroenrecalls.co.uk/login.aspx
                            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Just done this and mine comes up with DS3 Dsport Plus 155 THP - then under fuel type says DIESEL lol!!

Comment

Working...
                              X