Temperature Gauge Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Gauge Problem

Just noticed on my wife's Dsport 155 that the temperature gauge has taken on a life of its own.
    Staying pretty low and then climbing back up and over the normal mark before plunging down again.This during a run when normal temperature would have been reached.
    Car is under full warranty,but any ideas from the cognoscenti would be appreciated as I am rather a mechanical ignoramus!
    Thanks.

Sounds like a sensor to me, if its obvious the car temperature is not fluctuating like that
    Checked the coolant level?
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
      Sounds like a sensor to me, if its obvious the car temperature is not fluctuating like that
      Checked the coolant level?
      Hi Chris,no I haven't checked the coolant level yet,but will do it first thing in the morning.
      I would be surprised if the actual temperature is fluctuating and only noticed the odd behaviour of the gauge when reversing the car into our drive at the end of the journey.
      Will update tomorrow!

Comment

Deffo check the coolant level- the white bottle top left as you look at the engine.
        Should be a sensor any luck.
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Mine had this fault repaired before I picked it up - turned out to be a faulty Coolant Temp sensor speak to your local Citroen dealer, they've probably had experience of the fault

Comment

Agree with Chris sounds like a faulty sensor. Pop into your dealer to get it checked.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Thanks to all.
              Have checked coolant level and that is fine.
              Will pop into dealer and get it checked out............reporting back results in due course!

Comment

I had a similar issue recently on my THP (March 2013 build).

The temperature gauge, after reading almost bang on in the middle for the first several months, began to give a very low reading, very occasionally fluctuating back up to 'normal'. Things came to a head about 4 weeks ago, when I noticed a marked increase in fuel consumption, going from an average of 39+ mpg for my daily commute to under 30 mpg - presumably because the ECU was seeing such a low engine temperature and running at full choke.

I was all set to book it in with Citroen to have it checked out when the car took matters into its own hands, suddenly flashing up the dreaded "STOP" light and an "Engine Temperature Failure" message. Being only half a mile away from the dealership at the time, I took the car there straight away and asked them to check it out. Sure enough, it was diagnosed as a faulty temperature sensor. It took them two days to get hold of a replacement part, so I was car-less for three days, but to give them (Pentagon, Oldham) their due, they lent me a nice DStyle+ VTi Cabriolet for the third day.

All is thankfully well now with the THP with its new sensor; the temperature gauge is back to its old self, and the old fuel 'economy' has been restored.

Steve.

Comment

Have spoken to the dealer and booked the car in for Tuesday.
                  My wife has reported no problems with the gauge today at all.Anyway,we will see what comes to light when all has been checked.

P.S.On another topic,it has been good to play with the hood and have it down for a short time.............looks like spring might be arriving!

Comment

Lol. Dont speak too soon with the weather- not taking my winter tyres off yet
                    Deffo get the gauge checked out. If your Tates Portslade, theyre pretty good checking stuff out
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                      Lol. Dont speak too soon with the weather- not taking my winter tyres off yet
                      Deffo get the gauge checked out. If your Tates Portslade, theyre pretty good checking stuff out
                      Hi Chris,we are over near Chichester so it is going into Portfield where we bought the car.
                      More wild swings today so my wife has just reported!
                      I hope you are not going to need your winter tyres for much longer...............good weekend forecast I think...........probably have to do some gardening!

Comment

My winters will be swapped out by begin of April I think
                        Hope alls well with yours- be good to know what the dealers like dealing with the issue
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

All sorted now.
                          As was thought,the sensor was causing the problem.
                          Dealt with by dealer under warranty.

Comment

Someone I used to know worked at Portfield in the service dept, think hes left now though.... How did you find them ?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
                              All sorted now.
                              As was thought,the sensor was causing the problem.
                              Dealt with by dealer under warranty.
                              Glad it was just the sensor Seagull :-)
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X