Fuel costs and mileage? Diesel dsport plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iceward View Post
    I have a Dsport Plus Diesel, which is supposed to get an average mileage of 64.4, but I struggle to get 45mpg. It has been like it since new and no matter what I try, for example turning the Auto climate function off to stop the air con running, only filling up half a tank at a time, driving like I'm 80 etc etc the only difference I can get is on the motorway where I average around 52-55mpg (should be 83).

I know that I can get an engine mod but I was wondering if perhaps the dealer needs to take a look.
    When i first got my Ehdi 110 DSport+ i was also getting lower mpg, i'm now at 22,000 miles ish and get 55-65mpg from motorway limited to 50mph and 30mins to an hour of stopstart town driving. Going at 80 i was averaging low 50's? so not too different to what your seeing; the mpg does improve slightly with time. (or maybe it's how i've adjusted to driving it?)

Anyways, the NEDC test cycle which the official mpg figures are based on is a joke anyway, no areo effects are accounted for and in some cases nor are alternator losses. A new test cycle being pushed at the moment will be more representative to actual driving so figures should start to match ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by iceward View Post
      I have a Dsport Plus Diesel, which is supposed to get an average mileage of 64.4, but I struggle to get 45mpg. It has been like it since new and no matter what I try, for example turning the Auto climate function off to stop the air con running, only filling up half a tank at a time, driving like I'm 80 etc etc the only difference I can get is on the motorway where I average around 52-55mpg (should be 83).

I know that I can get an engine mod but I was wondering if perhaps the dealer needs to take a look.
      I would definitely get the dealer to check it out, sounds way too low. You should be getting 50+ mpg easy (I can and I have a THP).
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

When did you get the car ? My MPG in the same model has dropped a bit, apparently it's common in the winter as the air is denser (or something like that).... From memory the previous DS3 did it as well and things picked up again in the warmer summer months ! My current MPG is 55 with town driving, it does improve, as you've found on the motorway.

The figures you're quoting - are they from the brochure ? If so I don't believe anyone can replicate the specific conditions that MPG is obtained under.
        sigpic

Comment

@#30

I take it you have eliminated all the obvious things such as tyre pressures, tyre type and extra loads in the boot, be amazed at the amount of times I hear people moan about MPG and tend you find 3 toolboxes in the boot and a roof box on top!

On a side note the figures in the brochure are official figures published ONLY for comparative purposes. I did put up on one of the many MPG the official wording but I can't be bother to go look for it so here is the link - http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca//fcb/fuel-...disclaimer.asp
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I cracked 721 miles from one tank a few weeks ago, but on average, I manage around 650 miles per tank. That's with a 500 miles per week commute with an average speed of 70mph. I try to brim it and end up going for between £60-£70 per fill-up depending on how empty it is!

Comment

:bow:
              Originally posted by DigitalCal View Post
              I cracked 721 miles from one tank a few weeks ago
              :bow:

I think my best ever was 640ish !! Well done....
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

tbh I've never checked the tyre pressures! Load wise, I always have something in the boot like cleaning stuff etc but normally nothing mega heavy. Do differences in tyre pressures effect economy to that extent?

700 miles per tank is only a dream for me. I get 400.

edit. Car was new on 1st March 2013. 12k miles

Comment

The tyre pressures have a lot of say in your MPG, it's worth checking them out to make sure they are right.

Comment

I use the compressor that came with my first DS3 to check mine are correct every other week. I'm not sure how accurate the Citroen supplied compressor is but when I also checked them at the garage down the road first thing in the morning they did have the same readings
                    Last edited by lfcrule1972; 08-04-2014, 12:02.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      The tyre pressures have a lot of say in your MPG, it's worth checking them out to make sure they are right.
                      That is pretty lax of me I must admit. I'll check them today I think!

Comment

Make sure you do it when the tyres are cold.

Comment

Avg'd 58.2 the other day at around 70 ish mph from Manchester to Leeds.

In my Leon Cupra TDi i would normally get around 46 and so I am happy
                          2001 - 2007 - SEAT Ibiza Cupra
                          2007 - 2014 - SEAT Leon FR TDi
                          2014 - :ds3: D Sport HDi

Comment

Working...
                          X