Cleaning the bellone black alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the bellone black alloys

Morning all, I'll be washing the Ds3 for the first time today, wondered if it's ok to use the diluted acid wheel cleaner that most Valeters use? Always used it on my ford focus alloys with no issues but wondered if I can with these?
    Cheers Dave
    Using Tapatalk

NO ! I wouldn't even chance it tbh. The paint on the wheels is just like the car ( very soft ) and my guess would be it will strip the clear coat off. Another tip would be to also use a very soft wheel brush or you will find that your wheels will be very scratched very soon. Head over to the detailing part of the forum mate theres lots of good advice in there

Mark

Comment

Thanks mark I'll check the detailing section out. :-)
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

If they're new, you might want to seal them while they're fresh and new.

Comment

Originally posted by joeking27 View Post
          If they're new, you might want to seal them while they're fresh and new.
          I'll do that, cheers joe.
          Using Tapatalk

Comment

Head to Morrisons and buy Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels (£4 purple liquid). Mark was correct in saying do not use the cleaner you already have.

Also as Joeking said, try to get them sealed asap. This will prevent having to use a wheel cleaner in the future and a mitt and shampoo will then be more than adequate.

Andy

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Originally posted by RabidRacoon28 View Post
              Head to Morrisons and buy Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels (£4 purple liquid). Mark was correct in saying do not use the cleaner you already have.

Also as Joeking said, try to get them sealed asap. This will prevent having to use a wheel cleaner in the future and a mitt and shampoo will then be more than adequate.

Andy

Cheers Andy.
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DAVEYBOYROCK View Post
                Cheers Andy.
                No worries pal. Obviously there are other good, safe wheel cleaners that I use but the Hot Wheels is probably the easiest and cheapest to get hold of on the high street. (Same bottle is £9.99 in Halfrauds)

See this review I did last year of wheel cleaners http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....Cleaner-Review
                Last edited by Clean Your Ride; 23-03-2014, 23:32.
                Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
                Take a pride in your ride
                @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Working...
                X