Dipped Headlight bulb replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipped Headlight bulb replacement

Here we go again... Let's hope replacing the headlight bulbs doesn't end up causing as much trouble than the tyre puncture did 2 weeks ago...
    Or like when I had a Fiat Stilo and it had to go to a garage because Halfords wouldn't touch it! (Had to remove battery AND put up on ramp!)

It's pretty straight forward, the metal clip can be fiddly but once you've worked it out it's easy
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

DS3 bulbs are v straightforward to change unless you're completely inept plenty of room to see what you're doing too....

Count yourself lucky, I had to get a mate to help me remove the front of the Corsa C my fiancee owns when it needed the headlight bulbs replacing... Vauxhall saw fit to design the units so that they have to be removed from the front of the car
      sigpic

Comment

Push the spring clip bits you can feel that have the rounded off end, together, and pull out. They sort of pull over.
        Take the lamp out, switch it, and push the spring clip bits back together and push in behind where youve just fitted the lamp
        If all that makes sense LOL

Tis fiddly tho..... and remember to put the rubber cover back on, or you will get water ingress problems
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Wow that was surprisingly easy. And Halfords would've charged £9.99 to fit both!
          And thanks for the advice guys.
          I'm off to recover from my 3 mile sport relief run this morning... Bet you can't guess where I'm in the picture on: http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/sportrelief-2/

Comment

Best tip I got was to use a compacts mirror, let's you see what you're doing.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

You use that tip throughout your life now don't you Biggie ???

Oh and SpottyDog - good effort with the run and costume
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                You use that tip throughout your life now don't you Biggie ??? ...
                That and putting a small sticker on the mirror glass showing which side the fuel cap is on!
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Oh, now that's useful
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X