Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New DStyle Plus 1.6 available in two weeks

Hi everyone.

My first post and hopefully one you'll find interesting. I ordered a DStyle Plus 1.6 in Shark Grey with a black roof and Bellone Black wheels about six weeks ago and was eagerly the delivery.

That was until I was bored last weekend and made the mistake of test driving a DSport Plus. Unfortunately I'm now smitten and am trying to change my order although the dealer is proving to be hard work at the minute. I've gone through a broker who reckons the dealer might want me to surrender my deposit due to the vehicle being in the country and almost ready for delivery.

This is where you all come in. If you or anyone you know wants the above spec car along with hi fi system and a spare wheel then it's yours for the price I agreed to pay, £13300. A bargain for a UK spec car.

As I said it'll be ready in under a fortnight, you'll be the first owner of it and it'll be delivered to your door.

Let me know if you're interested.

Cheers

Welcome Heapsie- unusual situation you are in
    Good Luck
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Cheers Chris! Sure it'll sort itself. Should have test driven them all earlier.

Comment

Whaaat how did you get it so cheap in the first place? I paid over £14k for mine and thought I had a good deal!

Comment

Broker4cars. Been using them for 10 years. Spread the word if you will matey

Comment

The issue you are going to have here is that the dealer supplying the DStyle might not be the same dealer supplying the DStyle. The garage is well within their rights to hold onto your deposit as you broke the terms of the order contract with them and their are going to be left with a non-standard spec vehicle which is going to be harder to move on.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
              The issue you are going to have here is that the dealer supplying the DStyle might not be the same dealer supplying the DStyle. The garage is well within their rights to hold onto your deposit as you broke the terms of the order contract with them and their are going to be left with a non-standard spec vehicle which is going to be harder to move on.
              Worse case scenario I lose £500 but still end up with a car I want at a greatly reduced price. Lesson learned!

Comment

If he has not visited the dealer then surely he is entitled to return the car for a full refund within 7 days under the distance selling regulations.
                62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
                  If he has not visited the dealer then surely he is entitled to return the car for a full refund within 7 days under the distance selling regulations.
                  Terms and conditions says they if the car has been made to my spec (the only thing "non spec" is the hi fi system) then they can charge me for that. So perhaps just a £200 hit then!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that DSR only applies once delivery has taken place.

Comment

If by DSR you mean Distance Selling Regulations then they only apply for a distance purchase (ie off the tinterweb) where there is no opportunity to observe the item before purchase and the purchase is not made directly (ie at a dealership). Many people have fallen foul if getting this mixed up with normal consumer rights.

Comment

Apparently DSR starts the minute you place the order right up to 7 days post delivery. I wouldn't mind but all I want to do is spend more money!

Comment

Having a read through the OFT regulations it turns out because you have ordered options and thus having a car made to specification then the 7 day period may no longer apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Heapsie View Post
                            Apparently DSR starts the minute you place the order right up to 7 days post delivery. I wouldn't mind but all I want to do is spend more money!
                            No it doesn't, the DSR runs for seven days from the day after you receive an item. And that seven days is the period you have to notify the seller of your intent to return, not to physically return it.

Having a read through the OFT regulations it turns out because you have ordered options and thus having a car made to specification then the 7 day period may no longer apply.
                            As Biggie says, the DSR are not applicable to certain items, bespoke or unique being one.

Comment

So it's either take the car, surrender the deposit or pay back the money for options I requested (which oddly make it more desirable in my eyes!)

Comment

Working...
                              X