Replacing Rimblades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing Rimblades

I need to replace my Rimblades as they're starting to peel off, but does anyone know the best way to remove the residue left behind when I take them off?

Try a tar and adhesive remover such as AutoSmarts Tardis. If you cant get hold of any of that then use WD40 which by the way is a very good tar remover as well.

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk
    Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
    Take a pride in your ride
    @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Cheers buddy, will give that a go!

Comment

Love Rimblades for their ease of application, cheaper than most, and protects from light contact with the kerb, altho not a good hefty bang into a kerb

The only Rimblades (And Ive put on 5 sets so far, all different batch no's) Ive had come away were the ones with bad adhesive. Theres was a batch of 1500 that had bad adhesive, and they sent a new set through if you contact them. Depends how long urs been on.

When removing Rimblades from wheels (After tyre removal for example- or selling the wheels/ partexing) if there is a lot of adhesive residue, I used a soft wood spatula (Kitchen utensil) to take most off, after soaking the old adhesive in meths (Water based), and removed small amounts of residue with Autoglym Rar and adhesive remover. Was the best I vould find to do the job.

Just gonna order my 6th set Rimblades :-)
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

I don't think I applied them quite right to be honest.

What do you use to cut them to size?

Comment

There is a choice of three here, has anyone tried the others?

http://www.rimblades.com/
            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by Timberflake View Post
              I don't think I applied them quite right to be honest.

What do you use to cut them to size?
              Rimblades I use are just a thin piece of silicone really- so pair of scissors

No- not tried the others yet Gaz but may look at them now you mention them. Wonder if any rim protector is made in carbon fibre lookalike
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
              X