Replacment DS3 👍👍

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacment DS3 👍👍

So my little bumble bee was deemed in-fixable with the power loss problem by citroen ..... FFs great!

But then suddenly after my moaning and reminding them of the sales of good act, they have offered me a replacement car as a straight swap.

Pick up tomorrow another yellow DS3 2011 (11plate) thp 😜

Any thoughts on if this one will blow up too haha ??

Its better than a number of other possible outcomes.

Comment

Be interesting what they do with your current car! Unfixable yet I bet it's for sale within a week lol

Comment

Did you ask about its history?
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

It had full service history as like the new one has but I'm hoping because its a year newer it might be better haha
          do the 2011 models have any known problems ?

Comment

Depends on the build date. The 2011 builds were the last of the THP 150s
            155s were made December 2011/January 2012

The last THP 150 ive seen on here with the timing chain/ tensioner issues was build date March 2011, but only seen 2, maybe 3, i think, timing chain issues of a 2011 build on here.
            The other main issue of carbonisation of valves, which can cause hesitation, seems to be more prevalent on earlier models, but even the 2012/13 models can suffer. Mainly down to amount of miles driven.

So basicallly, the later build, the better. Dont get registration date mixed up with build date.
            Mine is a March 2013 plate, but build date was end of October 2012. I asked outright. Then got the price lowered cos it was "5 month old" (Showroom model)
            Purely my personal view of course.
            sigpic
            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Still had carbonisation build up problems with mine a December 2011 Build though so there are no guarantees!

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
              Depends on the build date. The 2011 builds were the last of the THP 150s
              155s were made December 2011/January 2012

The last THP 150 ive seen on here with the timing chain/ tensioner issues was build date March 2011, but only seen 2, maybe 3, i think, timing chain issues of a 2011 build on here.
              The other main issue of carbonisation of valves, which can cause hesitation, seems to be more prevalent on earlier models, but even the 2012/13 models can suffer. Mainly down to amount of miles driven.

So basicallly, the later build, the better. Dont get registration date mixed up with build date.
              Mine is a March 2013 plate, but build date was end of October 2012. I asked outright. Then got the price lowered cos it was "5 month old" (Showroom model)
              Purely my personal view of course.

Comment

Parts Bin lottery
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

Ahhhh French cars haha

Comment

Originally posted by Jonbays View Post
                    Still had carbonisation build up problems with mine a December 2011 Build though so there are no guarantees!
                    There will be carbonisation on all THP engines- just a matter of when
                    Even 2014 engines will get it at some stage
                    sigpic
                    Jog on Noddy

Comment

So picked it up today and first impressions ..... Allot smoother and firmer than the other one, this one seems like it has been driven better by the previous owner and everything feels well put together and how it should be, hopefully I won't be going back to dealer in the next few months again haha

Comment

Glad you got it sorted and I hope this one behaves itself!! :-) Touch wood mine is driving solid and no issues since this time last year.
                        ***** Clio 182 182BHP - SOLD *****
                        ***** DS3 DSport Plus 155THP - SOLD *****
                        ***** Audi S3 300BHP - KEEPING *****
                        ***** DS3 Performance Black 210THP - CANCELLED ORDER *****

sigpic

Comment

Hope all goes well MNJG
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                          X