Daylight running lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight running lights

Thought LEDs had gone in front daylight running lights - found that the whole casing had fallen out due to snapped fixing! Garage say I must have hit something or something hit me - no damage anywhere on bodywork and I know that I have not hit anything at all. Been told that it could cost about £200 to replace the whole unit! Is this a fault that has happened to anyone else?

Not to me but i would strongly suggest to the dealer that if anything had hit you there would be damage if the fixings have snapped, stick to your guns
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Welcome to the club

I remember this happening to someone when a stone hit the DRL and it snapped the fixing. If the light unit itself isn't damaged you should just be able to replace the mount (much cheaper).

Here's the thread.
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

If the clips have snapped then something has indeed hit the car, just because you can't see any damage (the bumper plastic is very flexible) doesn't mean nothing hit the car.

My EX had a car bump into her in a carpark which broken the DRL, it was icy and the car slide into hers, but as the impact was very low speed there was no other damage visible. Further investigation shown that a couple of wing clips were also snapped.

It's my understanding that you can just get a new housing for the existing DRL, give Aidan a shout.
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Find it weird when I see things like this as im pretty sure my DS and the front bumper has been through the wars in terms of the front bumper being smashed about. My DRL's work fine !

Comment

I hit a bird and the same thing happened to me. You have to buy them in pairs £30 from Aidan at Partsworld.

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....DRL-attachment
            e-HDi 110 DSport Plus Perla Nera Black Metallic

Comment

Working...
            X