Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsport 115 airdream

Hi there,

I just just test drove a Dsport 115 airdream. Its 11 months old with 14000 on the clock. The car pulls slightly to the left, the dealer states that this is normal for the dsport. I have had 2 d style plus's and never had this problem.

Is the dealer right in saying that the Dsport does pull slightly to the left or am I being fobbed off?

I would appreciate any advice from you guys.

Thanks

Chris O

Sounds like being fobbed off tbh. I've driven 2 different diesel DSports and never had the issue.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Check the front tyres, most likely the car has a new one on one side and an old tyre on the other side.

That said it could also be something as daft as low pressures, simple test is to let go of the steering at around 30mph, if the car pulls quickly to the side then there is something not quite right. If the car drifts slowly to the left then all is fine, this is just camber of the road in effect.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the advice. The front tyres are different makes, the o/s front is the original Michelin tyre with around 4mm of tread and the near side front is a new Pirelli tyre. Could this make the car pull to the left?
        The pull is ever so slight but annoying.

Comment

Of that is the case it's the tyres
          I had the same problem with mine I trashed a tyre in a pot hole so had to fit a new one and after it felt the tracking was out
          Even the steering wheel was off set
          Everything was checked with no fault found

Fitted a new tyre problem went
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-M...71187626414180

Pop in and give me a like

Comment

It certainly could make it pull, I've had two eHDi D Sport+ DS3's and neither have pulled to the left
            sigpic

Comment

The new tyre is your culprit, get the dealer to put on another new front as part of the deal

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                simple test is to let go of the steering at around 30mph, if the car pulls quickly to the side then there is something not quite right. If the car drifts slowly to the left then all is fine, this is just camber of the road in effect.
                If it swings violently to the left and kills a few pedestrians make sure you get a good guarantee

JB

Comment

Mismatched tyres on the same axle is a no no, I thought, especially on the front.
                  Shark grey / white Vti 120 DStyle ordered 2 March 2013, built 23 March 2013, collected 20 April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post
                    If it swings violently to the left and kills a few pedestrians make sure you get a good guarantee

JB
                    Your replies always crack me up jb

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbob View Post

JB
                      Two blokes traveling in a car, one chap turns to the other and says;

"We must be getting closer to town"
                      "How can you tell that?" the other replies,
                      "Easy" the first bloke answers "We're hitting more people"!

Comment

Pulls to the left.... normal for a DSport- Tosh!
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                        X