Strange things that happen when you own a DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange things that happen when you own a DS3

How often do you get people in the car behind you sitting up higher in their seat to look at your badge (unless you've taken it off of course) trying to find out what your car is? I get it a lot and I love it, I will be sad when the car becomes all too common and everyone knows what it is

Well today it went one stage further, the guy behind me in his car pulled out his mobile phone and took a photo of my car when we were at traffic lights. It'll probably get stolen now.

Also a guy almost rammed me off the road just to find out what my car was and to tell me how great it looked, I'll tell that story another time when I get a minute.

OH and finally - I seem to be getting pooper fuel consumption right now, I don't know if I am driving it a lot harder than usual but the top digit on my fuel guage usually lasts a couple of days and I wastyed it in one doing only an hours journey.

On my old C4 I used tpo press the trip button and check it each time I refuelled, I know I'm being lazy and not reading the manual but is there a similar thing on the DS3 sport or do I have to write it down on a pad to keep an eye on it?

God I love this car
    sigpic

I get looked after too, kind of a headturner.
    One time I was standing about 5m from my carand aman with a child stopper and really took about 5 minutes to look at every aspect of it (including inside etc) , I was kind of laughing .

Get a lot of Audi/BMW/... drivers at a red light that look at the car or my rims .

Comment

I love my car too!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS look back after I have parked it.

If I see people walking past her and looking, so I unlock her so the lights flash and they look back and see me. Yeah, thats my car!!

Re the fuel thing, not sure, on my vti version there is a button on the wiper wand to bring up fuel etc data, but that's probably a) wrong because of the model spec and b) wrong because I am a girl.
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

The trip button is on the right dial on the dashboard, press to display trip (you may have it set to range) and then hold it down for 3 sec to reset it. The other way is on the wiper stalk the button there will bring up data on trip B which you can also reset by holding down the wiper stalk button for 3 secs.

If yuo really want to be super anal (!) you can put you trip computer on display all the time by pressing the mode button on the radio just to the left of the volume knob. Press it to put the data onto the centre display.

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I reckon the fuel price has gone up but the quality gone down. I know mines a driving school car but not had many lessons since filling up and the fuel dissapearing fast. Once had this on a trip to france years ago (Freelander) when a tank full only lasted about half as long, didn't mind then as it was half the price

Comment

I had a good one the other day. Went for a drive and parked up at the local cinema to have a quick smoke and text some mates. It was dark so I turned the engine off, left the electrics on so I could hear the radio and turned the LED's on.

Some lads and their girlfriends drove past in a chavved out 206 in front of me, saw the LED's and I swear, I saw about 5/6 faces jump to the rear windows to see what it was.

I sat there for a bit longer then decided to have a slow roll past them to a couple of thumbs up from the driver and his mates.

Chuffed
            Last edited by Dangerousfish; 20-01-2011, 12:30.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Haha! If I ever have mt headlights on and need to stop for petrol etc, I make a point of turing them off so my LED's come on for a peiod of time.

In fact I'm so sad that if she is parked up at a petrol station, and someone looks ar her, I pretend to just check she is locked as I walk away, so again, they know she is mine!! :-D
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

ahahahaha I do the same WTF, I turn them off as I pull into the petrol stations. Now her is what could possibly be the saddest confession of all:

Instead of flashing my headlights to let people go, I turn my headlights on and off to flip from LED to normal headlights, bloody sad, confusing and a ballache but I have to do it.
                Re crap consumption: I found the trip computer thing but was confused when it asked me to enter a distance, I have since left the fuel consumption mode B on for a day and it gives me some more figures to play with, I guess I just need to try and understand it all. One thing I have done is invert the colours on the display now, has anyone else done this so thatit is bright orange with small black pics and letters? on some modes it looks great but others it looks really cheap.

Again, god I love his car
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                  I reckon the fuel price has gone up but the quality gone down. I know mines a driving school car but not had many lessons since filling up and the fuel dissapearing fast. Once had this on a trip to france years ago (Freelander) when a tank full only lasted about half as long, didn't mind then as it was half the price

hmmm I AM using a new station now. I went from BP to Sainsburys so that I at least get something back from all the money I spend (Nectar points).
                  sigpic

Comment

Im Usually Down Swansea On A Sunday Night At These Huge Meets...

Needless To Say Its The Only DS3 There And She Gets Loads Of Piccys Taken Of Her...

The Amount Of Head Turners Are Unreal...

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 enthusiast View Post
                      ahahahaha I do the same WTF, I turn them off as I pull into the petrol stations. Now her is what could possibly be the saddest confession of all:

Instead of flashing my headlights to let people go, I turn my headlights on and off to flip from LED to normal headlights, bloody sad, confusing and a ballache but I have to do it.
                      We're SO cool!! ;-)
                      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

True that

Comment

Washed mine at the weekend and my brother washed his TT, they look really good when we go out for a drive together.

sigpic

Comment

The same for All of the above its not just a car it's like so much more love it when ppl in minis take a second glance
                            Stopped at the lights in twn and a cooper s pulled alongside and wanted a qwick race beeping at me n revving so light go green and off we go was neck and neck for abit obv he slided infront stopped at the nxt lights and he was like m8 unlucky but dam I like your car what is it etc
                            Carnt wait to get this remap done

Comment

Working...
                            X