Disappointed with Citroen again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed with Citroen again.

ment to pick new car up this week, and still has not left the factory.
    Last edited by Andy ADI; 04-05-2014, 06:54.

;( what you getting?

Comment

If you gave your dealer your email then you would have be updated on progress, also seems strange to me that your dealer has not kept you informed.
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Hi both, car ordered D Style plus, yellow with white roof, Citroen did not have one in stock so factory order, have given dealer my e mail and been phoning the dealer and called in a month ago just to make sure all on track as to not being left without a vehicle to work from, had a phone call Friday saying factory problem and now could not give me a delivery date, same thing happen 18 month ago with main dealer in Cardiff they told me two days before picking up a DS3 with them, they did not know were the car was, when I phoned Citroën they told me it was still on the key side waiting to be transported to the dealership, but when they did not know?, leaving me no alternative but to reject the car and lease a ds3 from another company, love the ds3 and so do my pupils so stuck with it.
        Last edited by Andy ADI; 05-05-2014, 18:37.

Comment

If the car is at RDC then it is only around 10 days for delivery.

Sorry but the reject the vehicle at short notice is a bit harsh as there are so many variables when it comes to construction, transportation and even the weather plays a part that judging a delivery date is hard to do. Normally you can judge roughly when a car is due to arrive and most of the time you can be actuate within 10-14 days.

If you currently lease a car through Citroen you can have an extension of the lease with no problem, which I have done so many a time for my customers to avoid any issues that may arise.

Comment

Courier just knocked at the door, saw mine & mentioned buying one for his daughter, should of been ready March 1st, got told the driver was 10 minutes away & what part of Liverpool is he in... lives in Essex! Still no sign, so cancelled & getting a Fiat 500!

Comment

Originally posted by Miss_T View Post
              Courier just knocked at the door, saw mine & mentioned buying one for his daughter, should of been ready March 1st, got told the driver was 10 minutes away & what part of Liverpool is he in... lives in Essex! Still no sign, so cancelled & getting a Fiat 500!
              I'm sorry, maybe im being stupid, but this post makes no sense to me :/ No offense

Dealer had my email but never phoned me, Had to ring them 2 weeks ago, guy said there was nothing on the computer so could still be 6-8 weeks. Then a week later a guy rang me telling me the person I was dealing with had left the company and he was taking over his role. He also told me my car was not going to be delivered till June. I cant complain as Ive seen so many times that it can take between 10-12 weeks for factory build. And June makes it 3 Months so that seems right.

He also told me he would call me again in 2 weeks to keep me updated so expecting a call next week some time.

Just a bit annoying as when I ordered my DS3 it was factory built and delivered in 6 weeks. Maybe DS5 takes longer to build...
              Last edited by HarroDS3; 06-05-2014, 16:09.
              2011 61 Plate, All Black DSport 150 THP, MyWay City Signature (SOLD)

2014 All Black DS5 DSport 200 THP

Comment

Rejected the vehicle bit harsh mmmmmmm, that dealer was contacted weekly every time reassured me car would be on time, explained if it was late I would loss my living as an instructor .
                Vehicle I had at the time was leased with another company not Citroën and the lease was due to end a day after I was told they were not going to make the delivery date. Did ask for a sort term lease to wait for delivery but the price went up mega bucks over three times the normal cost per week.
                So had no choice but to reject the new DS3, any help from this Citroën Dealer nope, they were well prepared to leave me with no vehicle to conduct my business for up to an unknown number of weeks ? “So I walked “.
                18th month later went to another dealership and had the same issue but good news today had a phone call this morning from this main dealer (not the same dealers as above) they are helping me to stay on the road while I wait for my car to come from the factory, light at the end of the tunnel. Some dealerships will help you out others won’t,
                Last edited by Andy ADI; 06-05-2014, 18:37.

Comment

Glad you found a successful resolution Andy ADI.

Ordered my car on 17 April, they quoted 8 weeks (factory order), reading all the threads on delivery times, I may as well expect the car around mid July.

Comment

I'm not going to get drawn into an argument as we only have one side of the story but it seems strange to me that if you were in constant contact with the dealer that the car would all of a sudden run late.

Delivery is one of the most frustrating things for a dealer as we have no control over the process what so ever until the car is delivered on site. I have had CUK block cars at port for weeks due to a punctured tyre!

At least you have sorted something out with another dealer who has the ability to lend you a driving school car, but a suggestion (which you most likely do anyway) would be to order your next car at least three months before just to make sure that you don't miss you EOC date and avoid any problems/loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                      I'm not going to get drawn into an argument as we only have one side of the story but it seems strange to me that if you were in constant contact with the dealer that the car would all of a sudden run late.

Delivery is one of the most frustrating things for a dealer as we have no control over the process what so ever until the car is delivered on site. I have had CUK block cars at port for weeks due to a punctured tyre!

At least you have sorted something out with another dealer who has the ability to lend you a driving school car, but a suggestion (which you most likely do anyway) would be to order your next car at least three months before just to make sure that you don't miss you EOC date and avoid any problems/loss.
                      Morning Bigfeet, no worries car was ordered three month in advance as to not have the same problem, but being sorted now “ happy days” .

Comment

Originally posted by Andy ADI View Post
                        Morning Bigfeet, no worries car was ordered three month in advance as to not have the same problem, but being sorted now “ happy days” .
                        Glad to hear it, don't forget the pics - we all love pics

Comment

New car Arrived

Click image for larger version

Name:	new car side shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	356644 Took delivery of new car today and over the moon with it, and thanks to Citroen Merthyr Tydfil for all their help due to the late delivery, great service guys thanks for keeping me on the road while we waited for delivery, now going to put a couple of hundred miles on it over the bank holiday weekend.:cool:

Comment

Thomas & Davies In Merthyr Are Brilliant, I know them all well there. I am on my 4th Citroen From them now, My Brother was on his 7th from them when he died.

Always go out of their way for the years ive delt with them for myself and my brothers cars.

Greg In Sales Deals With Me.

Ordered My C3 Picasso Exclusive EGS on 28th Jan 3 Months before the end of my current Motability Contract, Car Was A Factory Build As I ordered extras and it arrived on 12th March, plenty of time to get my adaptions fitted too and I took delivery on 29.4.14.

You've Picked A Good Dealer There Thats For Sure.
                            A Citroën Fanatic

CE14 C3 Picasso 1.6i VTi Exclusive EGS In Pearl White, With 17" Clover Alloy Wheels, Black Pack, Chrome Mirror Covers, Mudflaps, Wind Deflectors, Hand Controls & Steering Ball.
                            CE11 WOH C3 1.6i VTi Exclusive Auto With 17” Sonneberg Alloy Wheels & Visability Pack.My Old Car.
                            CA10 KZB C4 Picasso 2.0HDi 138BHP VTR+ EGS, Brothers Old Car.

Comment

Working...
                            X