No announcement yet.

Advice On The DS3 Sport 110

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a salesman for a Citroen dealer and have sold+driven both 150thp and HDI 110hp. The petrol has a much better acceleration and more sporty feel. However the diesel is still very nippy and fun to drive - As both are exactly the same cost, why would you not go for the diesel? £30 a year road tax, alot more MPG and which do you think will be worth more long term?? Well worth test driving a Diesel!!

Comment

The odd thing that the HDi has a lower kerb weight then the THP...

Anyway I think you guys will need to settle this at a club meet with a lap around a track!
      ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
      Bigfeet's File Repository
      The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by keith2106 View Post
        The petrol has a much better acceleration and more sporty feel ... As both are exactly the same cost, why would you not go for the diesel?
        Think you've answered your own question there, Keith!

For me it's all about the driving experience. The diesel just didn't float my boat when I drove it. It felt inert and clumsy in comparison, and the gearbox was clunky. I know that it's costing me more for the privilege, but not that much more, and every time I drive it, it puts a smile on my face - not just because of how I know it looks from the outside, but because of how it drives.

(and I haven't had mine remapped yet!)

Comment

take it from me,someone who's actually owned a 110 dsport(dogged with poor mpg and misfire problems).........i swapped mine after 6 months for a thp dsport, and let me tell you the thp is THE one to own!! .....it is quicker ,quieter,better over pot holes(so must be lighter) who cares about the so called economy difference ,when the thp drives like its on rails!!!! just awsome so glad i swapped to a thp!!.....oh and i went for leather instead and it really finishes off a stunning looking car!

Comment

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
            better over pot holes(so must be lighter)
            No Aparently Its Heavier For Some Unknown Reason lol

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
              No Aparently Its Heavier For Some Unknown Reason lol
              i wonder if they've tinkered with the suspension on 60 plates ? cus there are a few differences on my new dsport compared to my previous dsport, such as a SOS button on the instrument panel (GPS help in event of serious incident) also chrome trim factory fitted in front grill which meets the bonnet, instead of the stick on one i had on my previous dsport ..........................and surely the diesel engine must be heavier ,has it not got a cast iron block?as opposed to a alluminiumn block of a thp.

Comment

Nope... Check It Out, THP's Heavier

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                  Nope... Check It Out, THP's Heavier
                  must be those extra horses sitting under the bonnet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OZZY View Post
                    must be those extra horses sitting under the bonnet!!!!
                    This One Was Put In The Wrong Way Round At The Factory...

Comment

Working...
                    X