Xenon Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
    Pretty sure that these lights are really LED headlights styled to look like Xenons.
    #

I have to admit that is what I thought too, especially as there was a response from CUK floating around saying they could be retro-fitted to current DS3s Just waiting for price details now... then a few months to pass for them drop 50% and become reasonably priced as per the 3d rear lights
    sigpic

Comment

Trouble is then (at least for those without 3D rear lights at the moment) will need both front and back sets $$$$ /ouchy.

Comment

They may have Xenons but they require washers or they will fail MoT. Headlight unit looks like it is just a projector headlight but since there is only one main headlight it would require a H4 bulb (double filament) for Main/Dipped beams. until we see one up close you wont know.

if they wont accept a standar H4 Bulb then it will be a Xenon bulb with a Ballast pack to change Voltage to ignite the bulb.
        Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          Pretty sure that these lights are really LED headlights styled to look like Xenons.
          I suspect you may be right. Maybe the xenon element is the outer edge? Xenon headlights would have to have automatic self-levelling to conform to the relevant EC Directive. That would, I believe, require more engineering effort than is justified for a model which is some 80%-plus through its model cycle; I suspect that serious DS3 engineering is now concentrating on the next generation.

Comment

Why is it that xenons need the washers?
            May 2011 - October 2015: White body/black roof/white Bellone THP150
            October 2015 - Present: Black body/emerald green roof/black Aphrodite THP165
            Instagram @adamds3

Comment

Probably to stop any dirt refracting the light in odd ways, just a guess obviously.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, like lfc said. Also the self-levelling is for the same reason, to prevent glare.

Comment

Well here in Greece 90% of the cars that have xenon headlights dont have headlight washers!I'll just buy the new headlights when they're available,plug them in and get on with everything.I think that's what everyone will do..
                  DS3's are like pizza..they're good even when they're bad..

Comment

As posted in the other thread:

I asked Citroen UK via Facebook and they confirmed the following:

To confirm the lights going into the latest model are Xenon LEDs and are UK legal
                    I also asked them to confirm, for everyones piece of mind that they can be legally retro fitted to pre facelift DS3s, they did say they will contact me again when they know the price of the lights
                    sigpic

Comment

Orrrrrrr, do this until you get them

My DS3R3... nearly....
                      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Ha ha
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H7-XENON-I...item2ebe138146 has anyone tried these?
                          DS3's are like pizza..they're good even when they're bad..

Comment

They look like normal lights but flagged as Xenon Blue (referring to the colour I think) rather than them being Xenon bulbs... Might be wrong though...
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X