X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds3 2010 1.6 dsport3door

My partner is looking to buy a ds3 of the above spec

I'm looking for a buyers guide?

And common faults on these cars which models to avoid?

Are they reliable?

Thanks

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...roen?logcode=p

Avoid the THP150 models, early ones have problems the later THP155's we will see how they do only time will tell. The VTI120's seem to be holding up well along with both the diesels. Look at the exhaust hangers they like to break, As with any used car make sure all the services have been done. Sure others will think of other stuff but overall they seem to reliable.
    Originally posted by cyclone
    It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
    Originally posted by Broda
    I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Thank you for the reply

Comment

Some of the early THPs did have some nasty faults- timing chain, super knock- causing anything up to piston / engine failure, but a fair few had no issues at all (I know 2 THP 150 owners at work, both 30/40k mileage- and no issues whatsoever), and loads of 150 owners on here with no issues too.

If you get it from a dealer, see how much warranty they offer you. Ask about its engine history- any problems, and clarify in writing. And it obvs depends on the price. You could modify it a bit which would help.
        But if you are not enthusaistic about the car, and happy to deal with possible issues, then dont bother.

I am not aware of more than 2 THP 155s with major engine issues, all the time I have been on this forum. Theyve been out since January 2012, well over 2 years.
        The DS3Racing are another matter unfortunately.
        Last edited by Chris_Blue; 26-05-2014, 19:44. Reason: date incorrect
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
        X