Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3 Rear Exhaust bracket poor weld issue

Hi DS3 owners

We have a DS3 D-Sport Plus 2012 the car has done less that 20,000 miles and one of the rear exhaust bracket mounts the weld has broken

Has any one else had this issue on their DS3 ?

on close inspection the quality of the rear exhaust pipe is very poor and the weld has come clean off the exhaust pipe

This looks like a Manufacturing issue with poor materials used

i would love to hear any other members had had this problem

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by apton_fatnav; 26-05-2014, 19:32. Reason: spelling space

Welcome to the Club Apton.
    Common problem, though Ive not suffered myself, as replaced my exhaust within the first 1000 miles
    If you are still in warranty- that should sort it.
    sigpic
    Jog on Noddy

Comment

Have to say that at my last service 37K miles when I went to collect the car, the dealer informed me that they had changed the rear box under warranty because of the bracket issue. I wasn't even aware that there was a problem with the exhaust i.e it wasn't banging or partially hanging off. My guess is that the dealer was aware that this was a common problem and just went ahead and fitted a new part knowing that Citroen probably wouldn't query the warranty claim

Comment

It is a common issue on DS3/C3, what we tend to do is weld on a new bracket in order to save the exhuast which our customer appreciate as it works out much cheaper!
        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
        Bigfeet's File Repository
        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I have managed to get the dealer to do the welding under warrenty

the car has only don 14,000 miles not 20,000 and the ExHaust looks like its from a 20 year old Ford Anglia

Got a case opened with Citroen UK to raise the issue of poor quality parts that they have used in the build

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
          It is a common issue on DS3/C3, what we tend to do is weld on a new bracket in order to save the exhuast which our customer appreciate as it works out much cheaper!

Comment

Mine was replaced under warranty at 24,000 miles, a week before the third year of the warranty ended.

Comment

Mine had a new bracket welded on under warranty
              My DS3R3... nearly....
              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

2nd Time

Hi
                Had my exhaust replaced at around 20K under warranty.
                Car in for service today at 40K and 2 years later and bracket broken on exhaust again.
                Dealer welding brackets today as out of warranty and says will be cheaper and stronger than new exhaust.
                Asked why second failure and said they have seen a few like this and put it down to suspension been hard on DS3....................???

Len

Comment

Originally posted by Len View Post
                  Hi
                  Had my exhaust replaced at around 20K under warranty.
                  Car in for service today at 40K and 2 years later and bracket broken on exhaust again.
                  Dealer welding brackets today as out of warranty and says will be cheaper and stronger than new exhaust.
                  Asked why second failure and said they have seen a few like this and put it down to suspension been hard on DS3....................???

Len
                  If he tries to bill you for the work Len, make sure you inform him that their is an "info rapide" available regarding the issue.

It's a known fault with the DS3 that Citroen are aware of.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Had it done on the Racing last week under warranty at 12600 miles. Same issue on driveshaft apparently. Done under warranty as well.

Comment

My rear mounts were replaced, they never mentioned it but I noticed when I changed the oil after the warranty was up.

Comment

mines just been in for its second year service 13,353 on the clock and they want to charge me £45 to get it welded. should i say something?
                        “In less enlightened times, the best way to impress women was to own a hot car. But women wised up and realized it was better to buy their own hot cars so they wouldn't have to ride around with jerks.” - Scott Adams

Comment

Originally posted by scarey View Post
                          mines just been in for its second year service 13,353 on the clock and they want to charge me £45 to get it welded. should i say something?
                          Yes, you should tell them you're not paying and it should be covered under warranty.
                          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I had the same problem. I had it out of waranty, so i went to a shop where they only do exhaust. They just welded it back and i only paid 13 € .

Comment

I had this - was welded at my last service (mid-June). Though It's loose again so it will be interesting to see what happens now that my 3-year service carry on has finished.
                              Polar white with black roof, black bellones - My Photies!!

Comment

Working...
                              X